Shumbamania

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Shumbamania

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

142 off 111 against the mighty Kenyans.

Just 16 years old too. Sure it's only Kenya but that's still a good knock for someone of his age.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Shumbamania

Post by pariah »

Always great when the openers lay a great plaform.

He seems to be a busy cricketer, and rotates strike very well(a Zimbabwean weakness since Taibu retired) so that's a sign of maturity. Surely not a Warner type player, so possibly a middle order marshall like a Shoaib Malik. But then again these u19s are batted everywhere throughout the order and he seems to have done ok in a number of them.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

I will be pressing Tibba to include Shumba more often, about time we had a chat again.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Going off this scorecard and the whole series I'd say the quality of this Kenyan side is very average which takes a bit of gloss of the heroics of Roche & Shumba, but still a good effort scoring those runs ......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1793 ... f-Zimbabwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 pm
Going off this scorecard and the whole series I'd say the quality of this Kenyan side is very average which takes a bit of gloss of the heroics of Roche & Shumba, but still a good effort scoring those runs ......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1793 ... f-Zimbabwe
go

M Takodza was the wicketkeeper but he bowled one over for 3runs?
I am Impressed with Shumba because he can bowl too...
Burl & Masakanda are on notice

auszim

Post by auszim »

For the stats gurus out there...is Shumba's 142 the highest by a Zimbabwean in an under 19 match? I've had a look on cricinfo and if it was classed as an official youth ODI it would have been.

Also the Shumba and Myers partnership of 168 would be the highest across any wicket at the under 19 level. If there are stats out there for 'other OD' matches for u19, any tips on how to review?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

390/6? This Kenyan team really need some some work.that is a ridiculous score at that level. Has any Zim national or domestic team ever hit a score that high in 50 overs? This could be a record.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This is the most lacklustre mania ever. Moormania was up to about 30 pages by this point.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:28 pm
This is the most lacklustre mania ever. Moormania was up to about 30 pages by this point.
Considering about 28 of those pages were about Priestley Jaymoor we desperately need one of the peerless Zim journos to come to the rescue.