2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by jaybro »

In a perfect world we'd like to see guys like Chari and Kasuza averaging 35 + and scoring more 100's but we have to make do what we have. Kasuza and Chari definitely in the conversation for the Windies Tests ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 am
In a perfect world we'd like to see guys like Chari and Kasuza averaging 35 + and scoring more 100's but we have to make do what we have. Kasuza and Chari definitely in the conversation for the Windies Tests ......
Chari averages 35+ I'm sure in all the A team games he's played in the past year or so. I think he could be moulded into a decent opener similar to a Mawoyo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:53 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 am
Chari averages 35+ I'm sure in all the A team games he's played in the past year or so. I think he could be moulded into a decent opener similar to a Mawoyo.
Chari can do this, do that type of a batsman, but when he bats at the international arena, he seems a tailender with no clue.

Kasuza is a good option, done well in domestic cricket.

South Africa won on both occasion against Zimbabwe A by sending their A teams and Babies Emerging Team, now they will sent their under 19s/ under 17s who can still beat useless Zimbabwe A.
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:41 pm
Kasuza batted almost 40 overs today to score 82.. exactly what was needed in that situation. Good to see.. definitely a couple of guys showing they have what it takes.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:48 pm
Kasuza really stepped up to save this game....But Kasuza grabbed his chance Id say.

Id like to see Chari ahead of Chibabha because he is young and has the fight like Mawoyo.
\You have no idea just how proud I am of Kasuza.

This boy has been around the domestic circuit and done extremely well but at the wrong times.

233 balls to score 82 and draw a Test match against quite a decent attack!!!

I'm in tears! Literally!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am
Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...
+1

Now wait for the "he weighs 270 pounds" naysayers...

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
+1

he seriously weighs that much? Even if he is 7 feet tall, that is a lot of heft.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 am
pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
+1

he seriously weighs that much? Even if he is 7 feet tall, that is a lot of heft.
I seriously don;t know what's happening with Zimbabwe cricket and its fans. Maybe I should dedicate one holiday to ZImbabwe. I could easily debunk a lot of the stories they throw up on this platform. It's crazy!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Pariah he didn't draw a 'test'. This was a black 11 from South Africa friendly sorta thing.

This was a good effort from Kevin. He's someone I feel has the nuts and bolts of a good player but never kicked on. Like Chibhaba in different ways. He carved up as a teen.

The weight is an issue. I personally just lost 9 kilos (20 something pounds) in 6 weeks on a strict diet. If I can, why can't he?
If he REALLY wants to make a fist of it then he should lose some. It's not hard for an athlete to shed kilos if they poly themselves. I do weights once a week and three other high intensity classes only. He's a young male. He could drop 30 pounds in a Month. In zim you don't also have the temptation of McDonald's and such
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Kasuza doesn't look 270 in this pic:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 4;dir=next

He's no Hardik Pandya, but he doesn't look any less fit than a Hamilton Masakadza or a Brendan Taylor.