2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by jaybro »

Not sure if this series has given the selectors any clearer view of who to open with in the Windies tests, Chamu scored a good 100, Chari got some starts but no big score and Kasuza scored a great match saving 82 to push himself from an outside chance to a genuine contender ....

The plot thickens ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 am
Kasuza doesn't look 270 in this pic:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 4;dir=next

He's no Hardik Pandya, but he doesn't look any less fit than a Hamilton Masakadza or a Brendan Taylor.
Kasuza was already stodgy looking the time they had the last televised domestic T20s, way back in 2013. So he was 21 then and already looking worse than Samit Patel.

The weight cannot fail to be an issue, surely it impacts on your reflexes?

But loads of talent clearly; there was a time he was rolling up hundreds like confetti when the Zim domestic structure had Moeen Alis, Mark Pettinis and Nick Compton playing in it.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It's actually really tough for a 21 year old (natural metabolism) athlete to be podgy. Even most tubbier guys, like Taylor, panyangara and hammy in Zimbabwe terms, were slim at 21. Those issues tend to develop in mid to late twenties.

So it's a blatant lack of effort on his part when he could be in the national team by now, or if he had a champion mindset, a superstar! Which honestly these guys should be aspiring too
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe should look beyond seasonal failures like Chibhabha and Chari.

Domestically and Internationally experienced are being banged by South African baby side. Next, time Protea under 19s can also trouble these rubbish useless failures representing Zimbabwe A.

Chibhabha and Chari is all about "can do this" " can do that " type of players, but in reality they "can't do anything "except disappointing.

Time to give more chance to talents like Kasuza, Kaia, Kunje, Masvaure.
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:33 am
Pariah he didn't draw a 'test'. This was a black 11 from South Africa friendly sorta thing.
Check what those "blacks" are doing to India's next hopes.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1113 ... est-Series

pariah

Post by pariah »

The Robot wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:09 am
Domestically and Internationally experienced are being banged by South African baby side. Next, time Protea under 19s can also trouble these rubbish useless failures representing Zimbabwe A.
Zuma is a top notch seamer. Even Brendan Taylor would have struggled gainst him.

Didn't you see Zimbabwean and West Indian 19 year olds struggle against Ntini's 16 year old don? And he's not even the best African u19 seamer in SA. Bring Murray here and I'll send him to my village. Not clubs in the surburbs, but my village.

Thetr is quite simplu far too much fast bowling talent in SA that the system can't handle them. Most cannot even be accommodated by the club system never mind Provincial and Franchise.

Did you honestly think Rabada is the only Black 20 year old who can hit 150kph?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am
The Robot wrote:
Zuma is a top notch seamer. Even Brendan Taylor would have struggled gainst him.

Didn't you see Zimbabwean and West Indian 19 year olds struggle against Ntini's 16 year old don? And he's not even the best African u19 seamer in SA. Bring Murray here and I'll send him to my village. Not clubs in the surburbs, but my village.

Thetr is quite simplu far too much fast bowling talent in SA that the system can't handle them. Most cannot even be accommodated by the club system never mind Provincial and Franchise.

Firstly, since when do you have a village or village association?
Secondly,
I'll assume what you say is correct for arguments sake, Why do these black dudes in SA then crank out serious pace and raw talent but our guys over the ditch can't crank 130?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

pariah wrote:
The Robot wrote:

Yea cuz they're setting the Franchise scene absolutely alight ! I have no idea what world you live in. And you say the black 11 are spanking India A ? Last I checked, Cook, Markhram, Miller, Piedt, and Hendricks weren't black. Mr. Test squad, Phelukwayo having a fantastic game with a 2nd ball duck and not a single wicket in the game so far.

eugene

Post by eugene »

pariah wrote:
The Robot wrote:

You are from a village? I thought you were an IT guy from Gauteng?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 pm
pariah wrote:
The Robot wrote:

You are from a village? I thought you were an IT guy from Gauteng?
I assumed he meant ancestral village. You don't need to live in the village to own it.