Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by jaybro »

The is issue is Regis, Mutumbami and Moor all average between 15-20 in ODI's and although you can argue Regis is the best glovemen he still misses plenty of chances.

I can't really split the three of them but Moor has shown the ability to clear the fence at the end of an innings so I guess that's what gives him the nod atm.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 am
The is issue is Regis, Mutumbami and Moor all average between 15-20 in ODI's and although you can argue Regis is the best glovemen he still misses plenty of chances.

I can't really split the three of them but Moor has shown the ability to clear the fence at the end of an innings so I guess that's what gives him the nod atm.

All are weak team bashers.Mutumbami is a perfect n.o 11 batsman. Present Zimbabwe A can bash weak teams like Canada, Namibia, Kenya, but when they faces real men their weak skills and unfit to the international arena is exposed.
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

PJ really looking like the new Charles Coventry now. I also hope taylor doesnt refuse to keep if he does come back. I think in the ODIs PJ does keep his place because he can clear the ropes. But in the longer format putting down chances can cost you dearly. For all the chances Regis missed in that 4th innings we all know PJ would have missed more. Malcolm Waller maybe should try keeping seriously but he is a short term bet. We need to invest in a younger keeper.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

1.Chari
2.Chamu
3.Kunje
4.Masvaure
5.Maruma
6.Moor(wk)
7.Madziva
8.Waller
9.Mumba
10.Nyauchi
11.Ndlovu

This would be a better line up for tomorrow's game. Better bowling and players who are looking to challenge for places in the national team proper. Pointless playing guys like Sauramba and Jaure who are not really in the picture.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

tawac wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am
1.Chari
2.Chamu
3.Kunje
4.Masvaure
5.Maruma
6.Moor(wk)
7.Madziva
8.Waller
9.Mumba
10.Nyauchi
11.Ndlovu

This would be a better line up for tomorrow's game. Better bowling and players who are looking to challenge for places in the national team proper. Pointless playing guys like Sauramba and Jaure who are not really in the picture.

These useless rubbish bunches are trying for two week now :lol: , still can't find better of those South African Kids :lol: Kids are smashing them either test or one day. Better to try youths, those useless are only best against sides like Namibia, Canada etc :)

Next time Proteas should send their Under 19s to play against Zimbabwe A and even they can bash Zimbabwe A :)
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

The day guys admit that Forster Mutizwa deserves a good run in the ODI side is the day this "Chakabva-Mutumbami-Moor-Malcolm" mess comes to an end, and Zimbabwe has some balance. Even more so if Taylor doesn't sign (unless of course Mutizwa is being ignored to make that void even more glaring which is possible as Taibu wouldn't ignore him unnecessarily)

Whether you like it or not considering the keepers' flaws, he's still a good keeper.

Again he did very well in the just ended Pro50 Championship, with an average of 45 - better than Mutumbami, Chakabva, Moor, Sauramba, Handirisi! How on earth does he continue to be ignored??? :shock:

This is like Allister Campbell continuing to ignore Rainsford, while even Ncube and Meth were picked! :?

Hami
Mire
Musakanda
Craig
Raza/Sean/Malcolm
Mutizwa(wk)
Cremer(c)
Chisoro/Wellington
Madziva/Jongwe
Panyangara
Chatara
Last edited by pariah on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am
The day guys admit that Forster Mutizwa deserves a good run in the ODI side is the day this "Chakabva-Mutumbami-Moor-Malcolm" mess comes to an end, and Zimbabwe has some balance. Even more so if Taylor doesn't sign (unless of course Mutizwa is being ignored to make that void even more glaring which is possible as Taibu wouldn't ignore him unnecessarily)

Again he did very well in the just ended Pro50 Championship, with an average of 45 - better than Mutumbami, Chakabva, Moor, Sauramba, Handirisi! How on earth does he continue to be ignored??? :shock:

This is like Allister Campbell continuing to ignore Rainsford, while even Ncube and Meth were picked! :?

Hami
Mire
Musakanda
Craig
Raza/Sean/Malcolm
Mutizwa(wk)
Cremer(c)
Jongwe/Chisoro/Wellington
Madziva
Panyangara
Chatara
Hami
Mire
Musakanda
Craig
Sean
Mutizwa / Murray or Talyor wk
M Waller / Raza
Cremer
Chisoro / Shingi/ Welly
Chatara
Mumba

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:08 am
pariah wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

Hami
Mire
Musakanda
Craig
Raza/Sean/Malcolm
Mutizwa(wk)
Cremer(c)
Jongwe/Chisoro/Wellington
Madziva
Panyangara
Chatara
Hami
Mire
Musakanda
Craig
Sean
Mutizwa / Murray or Talyor wk
M Waller / Raza
Cremer
Chisoro / Shingi/ Welly
Chatara
Mumba

Mutizwa & Shingi are now eligible for building academy, their days for atleast Zimbabwe National Team is over

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

to be honest if you look a the stats, Mutizwa is definitely the most overlooked player in recent history.got absolutely no idea why especially when we clearly have a void that needs to Be filled. He averages 31 to PJs 17 and has a strike rate of 80 whilst PJ is at 65. He has scored 4 50s in 17 games whilst PJ has 2 in 26.His list average is 10 runs higher too.

We don't always need a finisher who can clear the ropes. You will find that a lot of ODIs can Be won by playing sensible cricket. 300 is just 6 an over.what you actually find with PJ is that his strike rate is so low because he takes at least 10/15 bowls barely scoring then he hits a series of big blows but a lot of the times he gets out after just 3/4 of them therefore making his stats look terrible yet we can all see the talent is there.

At the moment like many have mentioned here we just need the best players out in the middle. Raza and Waller are fully capable of finishing an innings. It becomes a dangerous situation when you have 4 pinch hitters if you add Mire and PJ to a batting lineup and very few controllers. There is a bit of an imbalance actually right now and that's why we need 8 batsmen. The final ODI where we only needed 200 and we almost lost showed that we didn't have enough controllers. I'm not saying Mutizwa is Dhoni but he deserves a shot unless Taylor comes back and actually wants to keep.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Fozzie is the biggest mystery in Zimbabwean cricket there is really no logical reason why he was dropped and never returned to the side, even if his keeping is poor his batting should have kept him in the side especially at the time when he was dropped BRMT was the only guy with a better average.

He seems to have his papers marked though never even in the A Team's these days.

I will point out though his last ODI was so long ago that his domestic form is more important and he really hasn't set the world on fire lately.

Although he was dropped and overlooked for some unknown reason he hasn't really done much to deserve a recall at this point.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement