Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm
This team is clearly better than us and also India walloping Sri Lanka really put things in perspective for me. We still have a very long way to go. Sri Lanka the West Indies Bangladesh Afghanistan and ireland are the teams we stand a chance against. India Australia South Africa England and New Zealand are way ahead. I'm not too sure how we would fare against Pakistan.
Actually, the South Africa A team that's giving India A a hiding is stronger than it needs to be, and this Emerging SA side is weaker than it could have been, so yes Zimbabwe is way behind.

I think Jason Smith is more SA Emerging, but he's turning out for the A side. But then again his recent performances against the England Lions put his progress into perspective. The likes of Budaza, Ngoepe, Mnyanda and Mgijima could have been here too, but most of them are just past that 25 years of age. Did any Zimbabwe ever face Ayabulela Gqamane? I doubt it but he'll be 28 years old soon and another with bags of talent. Sibonelo Makhanya was SA u19 captain. He captained Phehlukwayo, as well as most guys on this tour Christensen, Zuma and Malan when SA-u19 toured England a couple of years ago against the likes of Hameed. The top scorer on that day(Grant Roelofsen) is busy with his Varsity studies and a full Zimbabwe A side would struggle to beat an SA Varsity XI select.

Again the distortion in SA is that ZIM won't really get to face much of the top Black SA talent because it will make its debut quite young for the Proteas (just like Rabada, Ngidi and Phehlukwayo have done). I mean Ngidi played for the Proteas when he had barely played domestic cricket.

But what that also does is push out some top talent from the Proteas to accomodate them in the national side, then a lot of the genuine A team talent gets pushed out of the A team to accomodate guys like Cook and Miller, and all of a sudden SA has tens of players who refuse to play for the Emerging side because they are too good. For example Jason Smith is just 22 and has played just 50 odd Pro games in total(a few of them at 3day level). So the SA Emerging side could have and should have been much stronger. Even Christensen's 3-Day record is extremely poor, but he scored an easy ton against Shingi and Chinouya (maybe not as focused as they should have been, but still). Makhanya's record is just as poor and he would have scored heavily on this tour.

So again in many ways ZIM is regressing. Which is why the likes of Mashinge, Ngarava, Mumba, Burl and Musakanda should have been playing on this tour, just like Mavuta did. This would have been a better learning experience for them than that Rising Stars tour to England.

It's really sad for me to see Ngazibini Sigwili destroying the likes of Nel, Gumbie, Geyle, Burl, Myers, Lake and Handirisi (bowling better than Phehlukwayo and Rabada), yet a few years later for the right reasons KG, Phehlukwayo, Sigwili, Markram, Fortuin along with those two, are deemed too good for SA-EME, but strangely, at the same time Zimbabwe somehow feels Mumba and Burl are too good to be part of this tour, yet neither are even at the level of those SA players not part of this tour.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Nathan Waller ripping through the Saffers .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

What a brutal smashing. Under 23 kid, Kyle Simmonds smashed uncle like :) S Masakadza and experienced Zimbabwe A with a ton of just 81 balls.

Logan Cup & Pro 50 is really a joke to be called as domestic cricket ;)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Real Zimbabwe Talents are playing in UK and useless loosers are being selected for Zimbabwe A.
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah

Post by pariah »

It seems that while the wicket for the last game had a slight bias toward spin, this one favours pace.

Not sure how smart that was because the SA-EME boys are faster.

SA-EME got 290 without their top bats pitching up. Imagine if they did? :shock:

Well done to Nathan Waller 4/36. But why just 7 overs then?

I think if it's a case of match-fitness, then the likes of Madziva, Shingi have had a run (and to alesser extent Maruma who played A games against CAN and NAM). Underwhelming performances, but surely not too much will be read into this. After all, INDIA A are smashing Duanne Olivier, and I can't see Proteas selectors dropping him from the Test XI or squad as one of the bowlers.

On my side, I've picked up quite a lot about the SA-EME and SA-A players over the past and ongoing matches. I wonder if the Zimbabwean guys with influence have done the same...and I very much doubt it...and one wonders why ZIM is not progessing. Wasted money and matches!

But for ZIM I think the following:
Batting: Kasuza has lifted up his hand. Kaia and Kunje are Test prospects but need a bit more work.
Bowling: Ndlovu as a spinner not yet good enough. I really want to know why Herbet Chikomba wasn't picked ahead of him
Allround: Nathan Waller needs to decide what he wants to be.
Wicketkeeping: Gumbie and Sauramba were once again disaapointing.
Other: Likes of Maruma and Chari proved they are still ahead of those pushing them, but some will argue that Madziva raised questions about his ability.
VERDICT - Kasuza needs a look in.

I think next month will be the Africa T20. I can definitely see Zimbabwe picking the following as the spine of the side:
Moor, Kasuza, Maruma, Nathan Waller. Question is who else will be picked to join them?

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

As good as mutimbodzi was last game his 9 runs from 43 balls have messed up the chase. Now waller and masakadza having to hit out

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This series has shown that we really don't have the depth to field 3 good sides. Saw Waller batting today. He looked good but I think he really needs to pick his role. A move up the order Mire style might give him a chance to crack the side.that lower middle order is packed right now.if Taylor comes back it will only get worse with Williams and Raza moving even lower. His best chance is up top.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:11 pm
It seems that while the wicket for the last game had a slight bias toward spin, this one favours pace.

Not sure how smart that was because the SA-EME boys are faster.

SA-EME got 290 without their top bats pitching up. Imagine if they did? :shock:

Well done to Nathan Waller 4/36. But why just 7 overs then?

I think if it's a case of match-fitness, then the likes of Madziva, Shingi have had a run (and to alesser extent Maruma who played A games against CAN and NAM). Underwhelming performances, but surely not too much will be read into this. After all, INDIA A are smashing Duanne Olivier, and I can't see Proteas selectors dropping him from the Test XI or squad as one of the bowlers.

On my side, I've picked up quite a lot about the SA-EME and SA-A players over the past and ongoing matches. I wonder if the Zimbabwean guys with influence have done the same...and I very much doubt it...and one wonders why ZIM is not progessing. Wasted money and matches!

But for ZIM I think the following:
Batting: Kasuza has lifted up his hand. Kaia and Kunje are Test prospects but need a bit more work.
Bowling: Ndlovu as a spinner not yet good enough. I really want to know why Herbet Chikomba wasn't picked ahead of him
Allround: Nathan Waller needs to decide what he wants to be.
Wicketkeeping: Gumbie and Sauramba were once again disaapointing.
Other: Likes of Maruma and Chari proved they are still ahead of those pushing them, but some will argue that Madziva raised questions about his ability.
VERDICT - Kasuza needs a look in.

I think next month will be the Africa T20. I can definitely see Zimbabwe picking the following as the spine of the side:
Moor, Kasuza, Maruma, Nathan Waller. Question is who else will be picked to join them?
Would you believe I can't argue with a thing you said :lol:

#firsttimeforeverything
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

:o

pariah