Simbarashe Haukozi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: Simbarashe Haukozi

Post by Flakeman »

Seriously dysfunctional individual is HHM. I pity him

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah they're really setting the world alight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:37 am
So ljriley, what's your opinion on this new ruling?
Personally I think it's a mess. Most clubs and their supporters appear to want a quality overseas player. It's actually a fine tradition. There's not enough Tier 5 cricketers to go around, nor are there enough decent amateur guys that would make an impact for the clubs, because that's what's expected of them.
Yeah its a big mess. Club are looking to take young guys who are on the verge of making it on the Provinvial / state / franchise scene maybe making the odd appearance at those levels here and there but new ruling means those guys cant come over now. It extends to U17S & U19S state / province rep cricket too.

Its more of a risk for clubs now going for a truly club cricketer for their overseas amateur. Especially when the South African club cricket stats and performances aren't documented very well on the web for vetting purposes. Australia use mycricket and new Zealand use crichq so they help give you a better idea by cross referencing the performances against players names etc.

My club has been lucky this year - we went with an Australian playing Sub- District grade cricket from Melbourne who just wanted a place to stay and a little bit of pocket money per week. He's scored the best part of 500 runs and has coached our senior and junior sides. But I don't think we would pick anyone up as good as him again for next year at our budget (I may be wrong). Thing is a lot of club cricketers expect flights, accommodation and a match fee when they aren't worth it.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Our pro this year has been nothing short of awful. A young Sri Lankan who just doesn't have any power. Has a lovely technique but doesn't have the shots or the power, and he just hasn't done it for us. Good leg spinner but he came as a batter. Had a great pedigree and played in the same side back home as LJ's pro.
Next year we're looking at signing three local cricketers instead of a pro. It's simply too risky and clubs, as mentioned, are beginning to recognise this.
That's why I can't get Diplock at the club, he no longer qualifies. If he played for the rising stars in the Franchise Cricket then maybe he would but politics seem to be keeping him out of contention

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 am
Our pro this year has been nothing short of awful. A young Sri Lankan who just doesn't have any power. Has a lovely technique but doesn't have the shots or the power, and he just hasn't done it for us. Good leg spinner but he came as a batter. Had a great pedigree and played in the same side back home as LJ's pro.
Next year we're looking at signing three local cricketers instead of a pro. It's simply too risky and clubs, as mentioned, are beginning to recognise this.
That's why I can't get Diplock at the club, he no longer qualifies. If he played for the rising stars in the Franchise Cricket then maybe he would but politics seem to be keeping him out of contention
If you get three lads through the door tell me us your secret the amount of lads I speak to about coming to us but never get anywhere with is crazy. Everyone is just happy playing where they are or what major till and we ain't got any. We are having to cut back again on the O.A - it will be one paying his own flights again but this time we wont be able to even given him a little bit for coaching.

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 am

I'm available mate. Already in UK classified as local player only played 6 games this season batting at 5 scored about 200 runs at an average of 36. Then had an eye surgery but back to full fitness now.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

Googly

Post by Googly »

This plan to make it more difficult for overseas players is going to backfire and it's not going to achieve what they're hoping, which is supposedly more opportunities for local players. If you're the marginal guy being dropped at club level to make way for the gun overseas guy you weren't going anywhere in the first place. I spoke to a top Sri Lankan youngster who's doing a stint there and he says he will be very reluctant to go back. He did very well, but didn't enjoy the experience. He said the sledging was really unpleasant and he got little back up from his own team mates, who spent much of the time taking the piss out of his accent and generally he felt unwelcome.
At County level there's a different problem. There are so many good youngsters coming through their age group and Academy sides that are now struggling to crack the county Twos and Ones and there's much disillusionment. I followed the Surrey set up on account of Sam Curran- there were two outstanding youngsters in their academy side- Batchelor and Erasmus. They moved up into the Two's and did moderately well, but didn't set it alight and seem to have dropped off the radar and gone to Uni. Either of these guys could comfortably play County Firsts, the planets just didn't align for them and they were too impatient. It's a cruel game.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

You can't go wrong with a good Aussie. Our club has learnt that now.
LJ's aussie, who he himself said he's just a club cricketer back in Oz, smoked 58 and looked mustard.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am
You can't go wrong with a good Aussie. Our club has learnt that now.
For a national of a side that has often been literally Proteas B, this is one very very very strange statement!

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I actually liked Ethy. He had a friendly face. Unfortunately he turned out to be a cheating match fixing disgrace like a few other African players.