Proteas XI for Zimbabwe Test

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Zero76

Re: Proteas XI for Zimbabwe Test

Post by Zero76 »

Having seen Mulder bowl, I was somewhat underwhelmed, barely even 130kms. Tall strong lad, he does have the potential to get quicker but at this stage he simply isn't ready for tests. Phehlukwayo has at least shown a fair bit of promise in ODI's, seems to be strong under pressure.

In conclusion, both are definitely promising.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Zero76 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 pm
Having seen Mulder bowl, I was somewhat underwhelmed, barely even 130kms. Tall strong lad, he does have the potential to get quicker but at this stage he simply isn't ready for tests. Phehlukwayo has at least shown a fair bit of promise in ODI's, seems to be strong under pressure.

Brilliant, thanks for that mate. What's his batting looking like? Does his ability replicate his impressive FC stats?

Andile actually bowled very well today against Bangladesh, can evidently swing the ball. Just, doesn't seem to have the pace for test cricket.

But I'll say it again, I like his batting for ODI cricket. Think he has a good technique and can obviously strike a cricket ball!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Say my name!
Say my name!
4120157 - Copy.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 2923 times

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 pm
Zero76 wrote:

Brilliant, thanks for that mate. What's his batting looking like? Does his ability replicate his impressive FC stats?
Yeah Mulder's batting has definite potential. Can give at a fair hit but also has a fairly strong defense. Annoyingly he has been batting at 7 or 8 for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series, I would prefer to see him higher up the order than that.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Zero76 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:25 am
sloandog wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 pm
Zero76 wrote:

Yeah Mulder's batting has definite potential. Can give at a fair hit but also has a fairly strong defense. Annoyingly he has been batting at 7 or 8 for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series, I would prefer to see him higher up the order than that.
I guess being only 19 it's not a deal breaker him batting at number 7. Markram didn't even get a FC gig until 2015 did he? One to watch for sure!