Zimbabwe A v Windies Lineup ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe A v Windies Lineup ??

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 am
I think guys like Musoko, Nyauchi should have their part in such games. Shingi, Chinouya are now none quantities and reckon they would be in the test squad if there wont any other options.
I don’t get the Nyauchi love the blokes stats aren’t really that good, I don’t think he’s really that quick either ??

Guys like Shingi and Rhino have really good bowling averages in Logan Cup way superior to Nyauchi so I just don’t get it

Am I missing something?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 am
tawac wrote:
I think guys like Musoko, Nyauchi should have their part in such games. Shingi, Chinouya are now none quantities and reckon they would be in the test squad if there wont any other options.
I don’t get the Nyauchi love the blokes stats aren’t really that good, I don’t think he’s really that quick either ??

Guys like Shingi and Rhino have really good bowling averages in Logan Cup way superior to Nyauchi so I just don’t get it

Am I missing something?
I don't understand either to be honest. But he's in the mix and has the backing of the selectors

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Since Pakistan A cancelled we unfortunately have to use this game to sort out test squad. No point of picking guys who have no chance at all. I would chuck all 3 of our keeping options in there and also Tari and Malcolm to fight for that 8th batsman slot. Chamu and Mawoyo and Burl for the opening slot. Mshangwe and Welly for the extra spinner in the squad slot since Chisoro is out of favour. Mpofu and Tiripano to fight for that extra seamer slot.Shingi seems to be out of favour as well

Mawoyo
Burl
Chamu
Regis
Pj
Tari
Mutumbami
Tiripano
Welly
Mpofu
M'shangwe

That's the most sensible XI for me as they are all genuinely fighting for a spot. If they allow extra players since it is a warm up I would add Shingi and Chisoro to bowl a few. As well as Panyangara and Mire
Last edited by TapsC on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 am
tawac wrote:

Am I missing something?
I don't understand either to be honest. But he's in the mix and has the backing of the selectors
Funny how it easy to reason like this for the A team, but somehow ignore it when it comes to the national team and conversations are around Panyangara and Wellington where 50+ averages and 70+ Strike Rates are preferred.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

At the moment I would say

Cremer
Taylor
Jarvis
Ervine
Raza
Williams
Chatara
Hami

Are guaranteed spots but the other 7/8 guys have to genuinely fight for a place in the squad

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 am

Jarvis

Are guaranteed spots but the other 7/8 guys have to genuinely fight for a place in the squad
Based on?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

No Regis or Chamu for Eagles today I guess they’re already in camp for the A team ??

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 am
TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 am

Jarvis

Based on?
On the fact that he's take 243 FC wickets at an average of 26, not to mention he's the best seamer in the country, or the fact that he thrived in division 1 country cricket..

auszim

Post by auszim »

As predicted, Mayavo missing from rhinos...in camp already

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

auszim wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 am
As predicted, Mayavo missing from rhinos...in camp already
Wow I guess the selectors have had enough of Regis & Moor missing chances ??

Do you know who else is in the camp? Is it the Test side or the A side or both ??