[Series Thread] Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2017

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

[Series Thread] Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2017

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Lankans pull of a heist against PAK in the UAE!!!

I expect PAK to really struggle now that MisYou are no longer there to bail them out. Babar Azam's Test average now drops to 27!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Series Thread] Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2017

Post by jaybro »

Well Sri Lanka wins 2-0 in UAE where Pakistan have been so strong

Yes no Misbab or Younis but good to see Sri Lanka bounce back so quickly from the India & Zimbabwe series

For me this shows India are clearly well ahead of the pack in the Sub Continent but the ‘pack’ are all pretty close and Zimbabwe are hopefully getting closer to the pack.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Massive resilience shown by Sri Lanka. Did not expect this result at all. I was sad for my second favorite team's performance specially against India, but boy this is a great way to bounce back. Herath was always going to do well, but what a series for Karunaratne and Chandimal! The latter captained spectacularly well. I am quite sure Tamim can do such a thing for BD and pick them up to the next level.

Quite a good show by Dilruwan too, who I did not rate much till now.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Pakistan are getting what they deserve.
Younis & Misbah were always bound to retire. Yet they barely invest in any A tours to develop up & coming batsmen. Only 8 games since 2010/11 & all played between May 2015 & October 2016. 6 of those were against Sri Lanka A & 2 against Zimbabwe A.
Notwithstanding a first class structure that is constantly revamped, they acknowledge the lack of international home games is affecting the development of local players. A no brainer to me- take the players to the international arena. Added to this, they discard players without putting any faith in them. Ahmed Shehzad may not of test standard & won't be now as he is easily discarded if he has one failure. And Mohammad Rizwan & Iftekhar Ahmed are given one chance then gone. Fawad Alam is the Pakistani equivalent of Forster Mutizwa.
Asad Shafiq seems to score well down the order but not when at 3 or 4. Because he doesnt bowl, this creates an imbalance to the side.
I see Bangladesh are playing a single A test against Ireland. Good stuff. This is where Soumya Sarkar & Sabbir Rahman should be playing & given the responsibility to grind out large scores.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think this was a shootout between two really poor teams. Both games were close as you would expect. 20 runs in the first and 70 in the 2nd. An entire series decided by fewer than 100 runs, a rarity in Test cricket.

Interesting times ahead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)