Zimbabwe u19 Stats

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwe u19 Stats

Post by pariah »

I'll start with the group where my "stupidity" was highlighted, and throw in another one and say Jongwe is the previous best u19 with bat and ball, but those will come after reactions...
Mashinge batting
Mashinge batting
Mashingeu19 - Copy.png (78.94 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Mashinge bowling
Mashinge bowling
Mashingeu19B - Copy.png (73.88 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Over to the sensible ones...

aydee

Re: Zimbabwe u19 Stats

Post by aydee »

All about Mashinge. Doing well for the Rising Stars too. Plus he threw his spikes after that Mankad at the U19 WC. Rated.

Decent season here and he should be getting some games in the A team. Knocking on the door of the full team by the time he is 22 hopefully.

Jongwe was (is?) a super prospect too. Better than most in his u19 cohort with bat and ball. Decent FC record with bat and ball. Reasonable efforts in international cricket, despite being thrown in a bit too early. We've all heard that apparently alcohol abuse turned his whole life upside down, not just his cricket. He remains a young man, so has time to bounce back. As one of, if not the, biggest prospect from his age group, Zim can't afford to waste such talent. Hopefully he gets his head down for the Tuskers and has a great season, then slowly the opportunities will start to come his way again.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Yeah, Jongwe has really struggled with off field issues.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

aydee wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 pm
All about Mashinge. Doing well for the Rising Stars too. Plus he threw his spikes after that Mankad at the U19 WC. Rated.
Taibu's RS and the Agents FlashSports have an eye out for him. I don't think he'll spend any off-season in ZIM because they'll have gigs lined up for him in several top clubs at a very decent wage. The boy is well ahead of his peers, and it's great neutral eyes could pick that up. I wonder why Matsi and Taibu who had first hand view didn't include him in the national squads.

They should have sent him to Sri Lanka instead of Ngarava(ODI) and Nathan(Test) respectively. Especially after Nagarava got hit for 100 runs in 10 overs by Scotland!!!

pariah

Post by pariah »

JongweBat2013-14 - Copy.png
JongweBat2013-14 - Copy.png (61.85 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
JongweBowl2012 - Copy.png
JongweBowl2012 - Copy.png (54.17 KiB) Viewed 4030 times

aydee

Post by aydee »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 am
aydee wrote:
Taibu's RS and the Agents FlashSports have an eye out for him. I don't think he'll spend any off-season in ZIM because they'll have gigs lined up for him in several top clubs at a very decent wage. The boy is well ahead of his peers, and it's great neutral eyes could pick that up. I wonder why Matsi and Taibu who had first hand view didn't include him in the national squads.

They should have sent him to Sri Lanka instead of Ngarava(ODI) and Nathan(Test) respectively. Especially after Nagarava got hit for 100 runs in 10 overs by Scotland!!!
I don't think he should be in the national team yet, but he is definitely an international prospect for the future. Not had a full domestic season behind him. Will do him a lot of good playing for the Rising Stars. Struggled to get into the Mountaineers side last year, but will play every week now. Great chance to put together a good case to be selected for the A-side. I think he will be on the verges of the national team by the end of next season (Spring 2019).

pariah

Post by pariah »

aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am
pariah wrote:
aydee wrote:

I don't think he should be in the national team yet, but he is definitely an international prospect for the future. Not had a full domestic season behind him. Will do him a lot of good playing for the Rising Stars. Struggled to get into the Mountaineers side last year, but will play every week now. Great chance to put together a good case to be selected for the A-side. I think he will be on the verges of the national team by the end of next season (Spring 2019).
You never know with ZCF. If Bruce and Nathan are being touted for the national side ahead of Jongwe and Mashinge it's free for all isn't it :D

But yes. More time in FC cricekt will do him a lot of good. Still I'm keen to know from Streak why they went with Ngarava as opposed to Mashinge. Clearly if Streak was coach, he probably would've picked Olonga/Friend ahead of himself, and ZIM would have suffered.

aydee

Post by aydee »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am
aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am
pariah wrote:

You never know with ZCF. If Bruce and Nathan are being touted for the national side ahead of Jongwe and Mashinge it's free for all isn't it :D

But yes. More time in FC cricekt will do him a lot of good. Still I'm keen to know from Streak why they went with Ngarava as opposed to Mashinge. Clearly if Streak was coach, he probably would've picked Olonga/Friend ahead of himself, and ZIM would have suffered.
I think they went with Ngarava simply for the left arm angle. It is very fashionable at the moment to make sure that you have a left arm seamer in white ball cricket, and Zim have very few options now that Vitori is sadly out of the picture. Clearly he hadn't done anything to earn that accelerated promotion.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Jongwe has a lot of talent, but he will need to sort out some of his off field problems if he wants an international career. Only time will tell if he can live up to his promise.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

If you are not a part of ZCF, hhm, what are you? An electronic ghost?