Surely you could have acknowledged that I was completely right?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Surely you could have acknowledged that I was completely right?

Post by eugene »

Even if all the bad things speculated about AC are true, good stuff happened under his watch. Bvute, Chingoka, etc have nothing cricket-wise to show for their time in charge, and that is before we even get to their looting of ZC.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:39 am
Even if all the bad things speculated about AC are true, good stuff happened under his watch. Bvute, Chingoka, etc have nothing cricket-wise to show for their time in charge, and that is before we even get to their looting of ZC.
100% right when AC is around there are plenty of sponsors and plenty of fixtures

If the rumours are true then he's just as bad as Bvute but Im yet to be shown any proof
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

in the end nobody here is going to post concrete proof about anybody. doesn't mean it didn't happen. we all work on things we here from people behind the scenes and newspaper articles. some of which are true and some which are lies.

here is an article where Mukuhlani is explaining a few issues they had with AC. might not be all true but it can't all be lies.

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/mukuhlani-on ... signation/

whether you choose to believe it or not is a choice. we were all against the sacking of Manase at first but it turns out Mukuhlani is not as bad as people thought.

I will admit 2015 was a very productive year in terms of games. that is a fact and I can give credit to AC for that. we also did see a lot of sponsors come by. and btw I definitely don't believe what Prosper said about him

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

AC is a businessman, we all know that. What went on behind the scenes we'll never know I guess. But the classic comparison is...

1. ZC in the Campbell era conducted televised T20 tournaments with big name players, and found itself tremendously in debt.

2. ZC in the Chingoka/Bvute era couldn't even scrounge together some domestic FC games some years, and found itself tremendously in debt.

If you're going to be tremendously in debt regardless, may as well go with the guy who cares about cricket and can organise a couple of matches.

There were plenty of times in the Chingoka/Bvute era where Zimbabwe Cricket didn't even play cricket. It'd be like if Burger King stopped selling burgers... what's the point of your organisation?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:53 am
in the end nobody here is going to post concrete proof about anybody. doesn't mean it didn't happen. we all work on things we here from people behind the scenes and newspaper articles. some of which are true and some which are lies.

here is an article where Mukuhlani is explaining a few issues they had with AC. might not be all true but it can't all be lies.

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/mukuhlani-on ... signation/

whether you choose to believe it or not is a choice. we were all against the sacking of Manase at first but it turns out Mukuhlani is not as bad as people thought.

I will admit 2015 was a very productive year in terms of games. that is a fact and I can give credit to AC for that. we also did see a lot of sponsors come by. and btw I definitely don't believe what Prosper said about him
This.

An example of how one should keep emotions and allegiances aside, consume the information available, make informed opinions about anything or anyone from what meaning can be gleaned, specially when emotions run high all around us.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Do guys like Chikonga even know the rules to the game?
http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... oka#p47336

eugene

Post by eugene »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 pm
AC is a businessman, we all know that. What went on behind the scenes we'll never know I guess. But the classic comparison is...

1. ZC in the Campbell era conducted televised T20 tournaments with big name players, and found itself tremendously in debt.

2. ZC in the Chingoka/Bvute era couldn't even scrounge together some domestic FC games some years, and found itself tremendously in debt.

If you're going to be tremendously in debt regardless, may as well go with the guy who cares about cricket and can organise a couple of matches.

There were plenty of times in the Chingoka/Bvute era where Zimbabwe Cricket didn't even play cricket. It'd be like if Burger King stopped selling burgers... what's the point of your organisation?

Bvute at one point said he didn't even care if ZC was kicked out of the ICC.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Conant

Post by Conant »

foreignfield wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:45 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Do guys like Chikonga even know the rules to the game?
http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... oka#p47336

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Kriterion you really need to chill on the generalizations.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am
Just a couple of things before this thread gets locked out.
Well, couldn't disappoint you on the 'incoming lock' front. :)
And one has to commend the extent to which derailments are allowed these days here, given this was how a thread was closed down in the initial days of ZCF: Blast from the past: Possibly the first locked thread on ZCF: http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33

:D
I had far more free time to moderate with an iron rod back then - now, I have two kids, I'm two jobs on from where I was back then (neither of which involved less work than the one before), plus several other issues that limit my online time. It's not uncommon for days to pass between visits.

If I'd seen this thread when it was first posted, I'd've locked it straight away. But here we are.