Cremer rebuffs match fixer

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Cremer rebuffs match fixer

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

While the country of Zimbabwe is facing strange developments in the last few hours, (and stay safe, people in Zim), there is big breaking news that Cremer was asked to fix the text matches vs WI, for which he duly disagreed and reported right away: http://www.thezimbabwedaily.com/news/16 ... fixer.html

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Cremer rebuffs match fixer

Post by eugene »

Yes, concerning developments in Zimbabwe. I have always thought Zimbabwean cricket to be vulnerable to match-fixing. Our team performances are so up and down that it would take quite a bit for any eyebrows to be raised. And then we also have domestic matches with scorecards constantly being altered.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 pm
Yes, concerning developments in Zimbabwe. I have always thought Zimbabwean cricket to be vulnerable to match-fixing. Our team performances are so up and down that it would take quite a bit for any eyebrows to be raised. And then we also have domestic matches with scorecards constantly being altered.
Must be spot fixing. For ZIm to fix matches they would have to be favored to win and actually heavily favored. ZIM vs Ireland would be so close to even that a winning bet wouldn't yield much. And vs Afghanistan, Cremer throwing a match wouldn't make much money because 65% of people would bet on the Afghans anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I should rename my user handle from zimdoggy to ‘the prophet’
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 pm
I should rename my user handle from zimdoggy to ‘the prophet’
Ha! You mostly just regurgitate what I tell you in facebook messenger.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

to me that game where Afghanistan lost 5 wickets for like 5 runs was fixed.. nobody can convince me otherwise. that is impossible.. I also questioned when were 54 all out or something like that. that series was very suspicious. Afghanistan rested a couple of key players when they were 2-0 up as well

pariah

Post by pariah »

Why bother getting Cremer to spot fix when you can quite accurately predict that boundary he'll leak or the failed googly attempt?

pariah

Post by pariah »

The Pakistani just got a decent Zim A side to needlessly go over to UAE in the middle of a supposedly "rarely successful" domestic season. I'd be checking his bank account.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 am
to me that game where Afghanistan lost 5 wickets for like 5 runs was fixed.. nobody can convince me otherwise. that is impossible.. I also questioned when were 54 all out or something like that. that series was very suspicious. Afghanistan rested a couple of key players when they were 2-0 up as well
I highly doubt any results were fixed because it doesn't have much yield for the bookies but the risk is very high. Neither of Afghanstan or ZIM are big enough underdogs to make an upset generate a lot of cash. 11-8 all time is the bilateral split which means any given game either team can win. Its actually the worst for betting ad hence fixing.

Asides from that, AFG are a shit batting side. You play them 20 times, they will have a epic collapse more than a few times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

If you know the result is certain though even odds of $1.50 can yield a big return of you bet big enough
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement