[Logan Cup 2017 Round 5] Tuskers v Rising Stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 5] Tuskers v Rising Stars

Post by NickG »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 am
Of course it makes a lot of sense for the Rising Stars to play in SA, but then the issue is of raising money for that. I'm guessing the UK trip was possible mainly due to the good will Taibu enjoys there, which translates to help, monetary and otherwise, for these bunch of youngsters. Add some CSR and genuine will to help out, a lot of the daily needs for the squad is sorted out. Also, clubs would put their hands up and would be willing to play against them (keeping the quality of these clubs aside for the time being) and ensure all the arrangements are made for the match from their end, and the ZRS has to turn up, play the match, learn from the game and move on to the next one.

A lot of this would most likely not happen as smoothly as it did in UK anywhere else in the world. Taibu must be commended for seeing this opportunity and almost single-handedly executing the initial setup. Anyone else trying to replicate this anywhere else will not find it as straightforward (in relative context, I'm sure getting this up and running was one hell of an experience) as this. So, practically, ZRS will either continue this way with its UK dependence, or will just fold up. Given the new political atmosphere, hopefully we can count on some more help coming forth from the UK in cricketing terms.
You are 100% correct sir.

NickG

Post by NickG »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 am
Of course it makes a lot of sense for the Rising Stars to play in SA, but then the issue is of raising money for that. I'm guessing the UK trip was possible mainly due to the good will Taibu enjoys there, which translates to help, monetary and otherwise, for these bunch of youngsters. Add some CSR and genuine will to help out, a lot of the daily needs for the squad is sorted out. Also, clubs would put their hands up and would be willing to play against them (keeping the quality of these clubs aside for the time being) and ensure all the arrangements are made for the match from their end, and the ZRS has to turn up, play the match, learn from the game and move on to the next one.

A lot of this would most likely not happen as smoothly as it did in UK anywhere else in the world. Taibu must be commended for seeing this opportunity and almost single-handedly executing the initial setup. Anyone else trying to replicate this anywhere else will not find it as straightforward (in relative context, I'm sure getting this up and running was one hell of an experience) as this. So, practically, ZRS will either continue this way with its UK dependence, or will just fold up. Given the new political atmosphere, hopefully we can count on some more help coming forth from the UK in cricketing terms.
You are 100% correct sir.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Tuskers need to dig deep here because the ZRS have them on the ropes at 83/4 with not much batting to come. Could be very embarrassing for the Tuskers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

PSR

Post by PSR »

Magarira is a Chinaman bowler? As it's mentioned on Cricinfo?!

3 dismissals effected by Murray behind the stumps..

Googly

Post by Googly »

Murray’s glovework standing up to the stumps will bring tears to your eyes, he’s absolutely superb, world class in fact.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Great to see Stars dominating Tuskers again, giving an indication how worst A team probables are from this franchise

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm
Murray’s glovework standing up to the stumps will bring tears to your eyes, he’s absolutely superb, world class in fact.
But we are used to the other type of tears, induced by Moor, Regis and Richie...

And Mpofu in at 8. That's more like it. Shooting up the order :D

PSR

Post by PSR »

PSR wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 pm
Magarira is a Chinaman bowler? As it's mentioned on Cricinfo?!
Googly?

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Ernest Masuku doing well with the bat as well. Early days yet but he could be one to definitely keep an eye on. Perhaps another Keagan Meth type player. His partnership with Nyumbu Might just save the game for Tuskers.
Last edited by tawac on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Masuku did get to bowl (out of nowhere) in that 2 day warm up match against the WI. May be Streak already has his eyes on him.