[Logan Cup 2017 Round 5] Eagles v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 5] Eagles v Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:30 am
I'm interested to see your ODI XI(just yours though for now in case the floodgates dilute everything :D )
Here goes:

Mire
Hamilton
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Cremer
Chatara
Jarvis

Others in the squad:
Mpofu
Moor
Wellington
Madziva

We should be able to get at least 25-30 overs from Mire, Shingi, Williams, Raza and Tino in every match. Even without turning to the golden arm.

But yes, some of this might change (especially those squad members outside the XI) as we observe more in-form folks before our next assignment.

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

How good is Royman Butterwick, Ryan Ervine, Ian Nicolman ? Scored lots of runs in Logan Cup before they left for UK. Zimbabwe needs them along with Malcolm Lake, Shane Snyder and 145 kph bowler Kyle Bowie
Robo to rule :oops:

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

:lol: :lol:

Algorithm going wrong again..

aydee

Post by aydee »

The Robot wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:04 am
How good is Royman Butterwick, Ryan Ervine, Ian Nicolman ? Scored lots of runs in Logan Cup before they left for UK. Zimbabwe needs them along with Malcolm Lake, Shane Snyder and 145 kph bowler Kyle Bowie
Utterly ridiculous. Block.

totoro

Post by totoro »

The Robot wrote:
How good is Royman Butterwick

:lol:
The Robot wrote:
145 kph bowler Kyle Bowie
:lol: closer to 125. ;)

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

The Robot appears to have short circuited again.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Candle Light is still my favorite :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

aydee wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:05 am
The Robot wrote:
Utterly ridiculous. Block.
I know we shouldn't encourage him, but I got a laugh out of Royman Butterwick. :lol:

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 am
pariah wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:30 am
I'm interested to see your ODI XI(just yours though for now in case the floodgates dilute everything :D )
Here goes:

Mire
Hamilton
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Cremer
Chatara
Jarvis

Others in the squad:
Mpofu
Moor
Wellington
Madziva

We should be able to get at least 25-30 overs from Mire, Shingi, Williams, Raza and Tino in every match. Even without turning to the golden arm.

But yes, some of this might change (especially those squad members outside the XI) as we observe more in-form folks before our next assignment.
I take it Taylor keeps wicket? Ervine as low as 4??? Harsh on Musakanda to not just fall off number 3 but the entire squad.

Surely Williams has done enough to not come in higher than 8. After all, I take it he's the reason for the exclusion of a Chisoro/Welligton, then it's only fair we acknowledge that his batting contributions are more of a surprise than an expectation?

Do you have the batting to chase whatever an attack comprising Shingi, Jarvis and Cremer leak or to set what they can defend?

Maybe you were under pressure to include both Mutombodzi and Shingi after that, bold statement, but I think you'll agree with this:

Mire
Hami
Craig
Taylor(WK)
Raza
Musakanda
Mutombodzi
Chisoro
Madziva
Cremer(c)
Chatara
--------------
Williams
Mutizwa
Mpofu
Shingi
Wellington

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 am
I take it Taylor keeps wicket?
Yes.
pariah wrote:
Ervine as low as 4???
I'd have him at 3 if English numerals ran like this 1,2,3,3,3,... In fact, he doesn't deserve to bat ahead of those 3 and him, Williams and Mutombodzi are slated to come in with spinners in operation for strike rotation. I might even push Raza up to 3 or 4 depending on the game situation.
pariah wrote:
Harsh on Musakanda to not just fall off number 3 but the entire squad.
Yes it is harsh, but he has been in a very bad patch through domestic and A matches now. Will do well to spend the rest of the season domestically and gain some confidence. It is not dropping per se, giving him some space to fine tune his game. Long term, this is a guy we can't afford to lose to lack of confidence.

Also, I have kept the door open anyway (if you cared to read that):
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 am
pariah wrote:
Surely Williams has done enough to not come in higher than 8. After all, I take it he's the reason for the exclusion of a Chisoro/Welligton, then it's only fair we acknowledge that his batting contributions are more of a surprise than an expectation?
We are talking ODIs and Williams has far bigger utility here than in tests. Strike rotation, fielding, bowling... And for goodness' sake Wellington is part of the squad I have mentioned (if you cared to read that). And I'd invest on Wellington than Chisoro at this stage.
pariah wrote:
Do you have the batting to chase whatever an attack comprising Shingi, Jarvis and Cremer leak or to set what they can defend?
I also have Chatara (if you cared to read that). And yes, I'll pick my team and back them to do the job for me. Else, there are options in the 15.
pariah wrote:
Maybe you were under pressure to include both Mutombodzi and Shingi after that, bold statement
I never said that I'll put them both in the XI. This is what I said (if you cared to read that):
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 am
Plain and simple. Shingi and Mutombodzi should just make the next ODI squad.
But when I compiled the XI, it made sense to have them both start due to their specific roles.
pariah wrote:
but I think you'll agree with this:
No.