[Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: [Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Post by tej_27 »

Really embarrassing ..biggest disappointment was raza he is so much better ..performing under pressure is his forte . Anyway this was bound to happen even sides like aus fail to cross 100 in some of the matches against s.a.better to now focus on one dayers .upcoming tri series in ban . Need Williams back in the squad

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah I think that Raza shot to get out makes Malcolm Waller proud.

Loved the heave to six by Blessing. Gave it absolutely everything.

reverbinstinct
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by reverbinstinct »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 pm
Really embarrassing ..biggest disappointment was raza he is so much better ..performing under pressure is his forte . Anyway this was bound to happen even sides like aus fail to cross 100 in some of the matches against s.a.better to now focus on one dayers .upcoming tri series in ban . Need Williams back in the squad
Clutching on straws.Williams had made us cringe everytime he walked out to bat this year,he would have gone with he flow too.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Right, the suffering is over.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

reverbinstinct wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:06 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 pm
Clutching on straws.Williams had made us cringe everytime he walked out to bat this year,he would have gone with he flow too.
Quite possible ..raza and Williams are almost similar kinda players will always try to take on the bowling no matter the situation. Raza is much better than what happened In this match. Hopefully this will not impact their confidence I feel we are a major contender for upcoming tri series .Williams must in odi team though

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I just want India to lose as brutally as this so that the Zim loss in perspective does not look that bad...

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:47 pm
I just want India to lose as brutally as this so that the Zim loss in perspective does not look that bad...
It's not going to happen though, is it.
Zimbabwe were simply blown away by a much better team, and the gulf between us and South Africa could not be bigger.

Our bowling has promise, but again it's our batting which is constantly letting us down.
Really has knocked the wind out of me this defeat, especially after all the hype and the build up.

Just dissapointed with the shots more than anything

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Our bowling has promise, but again it's our batting which is constantly letting us down.
Really has knocked the wind out of me this defeat, especially after all the hype and the build up.

Would the Saffers say the same thing? 309-9 is an underwhelming batting performance even considering the DN aspect. I think the majority of players looked at the 4 day thing being a farce based on Faf's comments plus who deçlares after less than 80 overs? A one day mach is 600 balls, this alleged "Test" was 900.

I hope the ICC discontinues 4 day Tests as its clearly not approached properly.

That being said, I still feel ZIM did better against a much stronger SA than Bangladesh did recently. Zim have proved they can bowl against the best, and this wasnt even the strongest attack ZIM could assemble (Chatara and Mumba are better than Mpofu).

The batting needs a lot of work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

That was embarrassing to say the least. South Africa wanted to laugh at us but were trying so hard to be diplomatic.

Taylor should know better too. When the going is tough, play better shots, not your reverse sweeps and so on. We need like a Ricky Ponting type of guy to come in and teach us how to use a straight bat. All the best players played with a straight bat, and none of this fancy crap.

I can't even blame the conditions because we got bowled out twice in less than two days.

We complain when we don't get a chance to play the big teams, and now when we get that chance, we put on that horror show.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:30 pm

True.

Just going through the wickets package... Surely, if Taylor and Raza look at themselves in the mirror, they would see Williams and Waller there. Horrendous. I could digest this if we were blown away by sheer SA brilliance. Our batsmen contributed significantly to it - especially those two.