Looking forward to 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Looking forward to 2018

Post by jaybro »

Well 2017 is almost done and as usual for Zimbabwe there were many ‘lows’ such as the Afghanistan series and loss to Scotland plus the Boxing Day Test but also a few highs like the ODI series v Sri Lanka & a drawn Test v West Indies.

Looking forward to 2018 I’m just trying to get an accurate idea of what cricket we have locked in?

So far

January the tri series in BD ( 4-5 ODI’s )

February tour of UAE v Afghanistan ( 2 x t20 & 5 ODI’s )

March ICC WCQ in Zimbabwe ( matches unknown )

Talk of an Aussie tour which was suppose to be a test which turned into a tri series with Pakistan which now looks like 3 t20’s v Aus ??

Going off this link we’re suppose to be touring South Africa again ? Doubt that will happen

Also hosting Pakistan again ??

Does anyone have a better source or know any more ??

http://i.imgci.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/004 ... 7_2020.pdf
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Re: Looking forward to 2018

Post by Mr Twig »

That's a good source.

Nothing has been confirmed but it is likely the Tests against Australia and Pakistan will be changed to a T20I tri-series.
The SA tour should go ahead but not sure whether that 1 Test scheduled for October 2018 was moved to now or if the Test recently played was additionally arranged. Would be odd to tour the same country in consecutive years for the same format.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Agreed with the highlights and the lowlights , personal highlights would be Ervines 166 and hammys Ton against the windies.Also Razas all round performance against the windies was amazing ! Hopefully 2018 sees us qualify for the World Cup and continue to show improvement and get rid of these super bad performances we love to chuck in every now and then !Taylor needs to make next year his and it starts with the tr series , by far our best odi batsman / player and it’s time to repay the fans and his nation . Happy new year to all the people on ZCF and let’s all look forward to a new positive , changing point in zim cricket for 2018 .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I hear the next Rising Stars squad to UK has been picked. A few absolute no hopers in there, some 2nd league kids, and still no Hondo and Diplock. Absolutely hopeless.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 am
I hear the next Rising Stars squad to UK has been picked. A few absolute no hopers in there, some 2nd league kids, and still no Hondo and Diplock. Absolutely hopeless.
Well Diplock wouldn't have applied, would he? He's not even n the country.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Does anyone have the list?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I wonder if any of the u19 players will join them after the WC? I’ll say it again- we don’t have enough potentially good players to do this every year (particularly in an u19 WC year). We have to pick a decent squad, even with a couple of more “senior” guys and play stronger opposition than we did last time. If there are still outstanding players’ salaries and they’re arranging this tour there are going to be some disgruntled people. Unless you have at least 4-5 guys capable of benefiting from this and going on to play FC this is a waste of money. Anyway let’s see the list first, but surely all the good guys are at the WC?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 am
Why would Dipaz be in the mix? He's in Australia at the moment and is well and truly off the radar.
Feel bad for the guy as he's very patriotic and wants to represent his FC side at the very least.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Taibu tweeted a while back that under 19 players had no need to try out for selection as he already knew who they were.

I can’t see why the under 19 side players can’t join the squad after the World Cup.

I do agree that we should maybe give the kids selected 2 years in the rising stars squad to help keep a high standard in the squad whilst also giving them 2 years in Domestic cricket.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think Dippaz should reach out and make specific contact with the rhinos/mountaineers/eagles/stars and please his case and I’m sure somewhere along that line he will get interest.
That’s what I would do if I had fallen off the radar but still garnered decent results elsewhere. Even a highlights vid!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*