Ntini resigns

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Ntini resigns

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Dougie Hondo has been roped in for the BD and UAE tours as the bowling coach: https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/01/zim-c ... placement/

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Can't see any differance in bowling performance from thd day he joined and the day he left ;)

Googly

Post by Googly »

The guy who needs to part of the ZC set up is Gary Brent. Ever since the Brents were unceremoniously shunted aside by Makoni at Mountaineers, GB seems to be persona non grata. Whether that’s of his own volition or the evil clique that have f*^%ed up our cricket have permanently ostracised him is not known to me. In Ntini I suspect they were looking for someone out bowlers may have looked up to when he played, for me that’s like bringing along Robin Jackman to Grade 7’s to hand out Bengal Juice. Why wouldn’t they be looking for the guy who coached Ntini?
For me the bowlers need a strength and fitness guy that prepares them physically, that’s currently Sean Bell, and by all accounts he knows what he’s doing, whether they follow his regimes is another issue, and that’s a coach and management job ensuring that they do. Why do they need some guy to draw inspiration from? We’ve had a string of people trying to instil dog fuck and determination into our boys as if that’s the issue. Well on occasion we’ve rolled over, but we’ve mostly been bested by star international players that are better than us.
It’s bizarre that we don’t have a spin coach, and having Utseya in the wings is not first prize. He’s got loads of experience but is a negative influence. There’s a fancy overseas spin coach at GB’s Academy right now, but whether ZC have plugged in I don’t know. GB had some other expert there a few months ago and virtually no one from our side or ZC attended, so there’s a big disconnect there. Are the ZC players and staff not attending because they’ve been told not to or are they just disinterested?

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 am
There’s a fancy overseas spin coach at GB’s Academy right now, but whether ZC have plugged in I don’t know. GB had some other expert there a few months ago and virtually no one from our side or ZC attended, so there’s a big disconnect there. Are the ZC players and staff not attending because they’ve been told not to or are they just disinterested?
Newsday...
As part of their preparations, Zimbabwe roped in Englishman Chris Brown as a spin bowling consultant.
Is that the fancy coach you are referring to???
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
The guy who needs to part of the ZC set up is Gary Brent. Ever since the Brents were unceremoniously shunted aside by Makoni at Mountaineers, GB seems to be persona non grata. Whether that’s of his own volition or the evil clique that have f*^%ed up our cricket have permanently ostracised him is not known to me.
I wouldn't mind Gary Brent taking over from Streak as head coach, tbh.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I guess so tawac, not really in the loop at the moment. If he’s being used by ZC then all good.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 am
Googly wrote:
The guy who needs to part of the ZC set up is Gary Brent. Ever since the Brents were unceremoniously shunted aside by Makoni at Mountaineers, GB seems to be persona non grata. Whether that’s of his own volition or the evil clique that have f*^%ed up our cricket have permanently ostracised him is not known to me.
I wouldn't mind Gary Brent taking over from Streak as head coach, tbh.
+1.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am
I guess so tawac, not really in the loop at the moment. If he’s being used by ZC then all good.
According to his tweeter handle @118chrisbrown he was with the team for a couple of sessions.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

Quite interesting that Ntini said he wasn’t aware of any issues and that this had come as a surprise to him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see FC games are not being played and players have not received salaries again.