All countries Xi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

All countries Xi

Post by Andybligzz »

Just to kill some time before the tri series gets under way let’s have a little fun . I’m interested to see your favourites players from all the test playing nations combined in one super team ! The rules are you must have one player from every test playing nation including the new members in Ireland and Afghanistan . It doesn’t have to be the best team but just curious to see your favourite players . Also the player must have recently played internationally or still be playing fc cricket with ambitions to represent at internatioal level. Here is my 12 of favourite players . The game is also a odi match ! 1.P.Stirling ( ire ) 2. C.Gayle ( w.i ) 3. A.Rahane ( India ) 4. AB.Devilliers ( s.a) 5. B.Taylor wk(ZIM ) 6. S.Al Hasan ( bang ) 7.B.Stokes ( eng ) 8.M.Nabi ( afg ) 9.T.Boult ( nz ) 10 .p.cummins(Aus) 11. W.Riaz ( pak ). 12th man : A. Mathews ( Sri )
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: All countries Xi

Post by foreignfield »

Yep, that's fun:

1. Ed Cowan (Aus)
2. Hami (Zim)
3. Ross Taylor (NZ)
4. Misbah (c.) (Pak)
5. AB de Villiers (wk) (SA)
6. Shakib (BD)
7. A. Matthews (SL)
8. Rashid Khan (Afg)
9. Ashwin (Ind)
10. K. Roach (WI)
11. J. Anderson (Engl)

12th Man: NJ O'Brien (wk)
The game is also a odi match !
Oops, should've read that before I picked Ed Cowan :lol: Mine is a Test side, and we're playing on a spinning deck :D

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 am
Yep, that's fun:

1. Ed Cowan (Aus)
2. Hami (Zim)
3. Ross Taylor (NZ)
4. Misbah (c.) (Pak)
5. AB de Villiers (wk) (SA)
6. Shakib (BD)
7. A. Matthews (SL)
8. Rashid Khan (Afg)
9. Ashwin (Ind)
10. K. Roach (WI)
11. J. Anderson (Engl)

12th Man: NJ O'Brien (wk)
The game is also a odi match !
Oops, should've read that before I picked Ed Cowan :lol: Mine is a Test side, and we're playing on a spinning deck :D
Haha all good man ! Disagree with jimmy though ;) he’s a knob :)may I also ask why ed Cowan ? What brings you to like the new south Welshman anchor ?
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This is hard to do when you have teams where you don't necessarily like any players, and have teams where you like all the players.

1. Quinton De Kock wk (SA) - super tough, but trying to find the balance in the side
2. Usman Kahwaja (Aus) - this was a very tough one as I could have gone Chris Lynn,
3. Kane Williamson (NZ) - love his talent. Nothing funny about his play. Straight bat, elegant, love it.
4. Virat Kohli (Ind) - I don't really like any indian player, but I had to pick one.
5. Carlos Brathwaite (WI) - Not really sure here. They are all sort of ok to me, no one stands out.
6. Kevin O'Brien (Irl) - Always liked his big hitting
7. Kumar Sangakarra (Sri) - only Sri Lankan I really enjoyed watching, and a nice guy too
8. James Anderson (Eng) - Classy bowler and we stayed near each other once
9. Shadab Kahan (Pak) - Love his talent. Disappointed the Heat could not have him all season
10. Kyle Jarvis (Zim) - This was a bit of a tough one, because I love the team, but this is favourite and I feel like he just tips the scales at the moment.
11. Rashid Khan (Afg) - Don't really know much of them, but hes a good talent to watch in the BBL

12th man - Tamim Iqbal (Ban) - Meh with this one. Had to pick one, so picked him
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

zimbos-05 wrote:This is hard to do when you have teams where you don't necessarily like any players, and have teams where you like all the players
So true.
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am
Haha all good man ! Disagree with jimmy though ;) he’s a knob :)may I also ask why ed Cowan ? What brings you to like the new south Welshman anchor ?
I needed a swing bowler to balance my spin-heavy attack and I had to pick an Englishman (and Sam Curran isn't eligible yet). And as for Cowan, I'm not a huge fan of the usual Aussie machismo batting, plus he strikes me as a more than average intelligent guy with a good sense of humour, and I was missing a proper Test match blocker. From the current batch I would probably pick Khawaja.

NJ O'Brien is mainly there to sub for AB behind the stumps.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

1 cris gayle wi
2 p Stirling Ire
3. K williamson nz
4 b. Taylor zim
5 s al Hasan ban
6.j buttler eng
7.pandya ind
8.m.amir pak
9.rabada sa
10.J Hazelwood aus
11.l malinga sri

This is my 11
It will score 245 and bowl u out for 180

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This is fun! Here's my team. Took a bit of time to come up with due to reasons already stated by others before.

KL Rahul (wk) -IND
Hamilton Masakadza - ZIM
Kumar Sangakkara (wk) - SL
AB de Villers (wk) - SA
Tamim Iqbal - BD
Kevin O'Brien - IRE
Shahid Afridi - PAK
Darren Sammy (C) -WI
Mohammed Nabi - AFG
Tim Southee - NZ
Pat Cummins - AUS

James Anderson - ENG
  • If Misbah can make it to foreignfield's XI, I hope Sangakkara and Afridi qualify too. They have been playing till very recently.
  • If not allowed, I'd have to go with Angelo Mathews and Junaid Khan respectively. Just some changes to the batting order.
  • Wicket keeping to be divided between Rahul, Sanga and de Villers over the 50 over period.
  • I just realized the players I like are mostly the players I respect.
  • Really no favorites at all in the Aussie team after the legendary Steve Waugh retired (and Gilchrist was a close second and then Mike Hussey). Mostly the reason is also the one specified by foreignfield. Had to choose between Cummins and Lyon and went for the former for team balance.
  • Found it tough to stick to one guy from N Z and SA. Kane Williamson and Colin de Grandhomme from NZ and Kagiso Rabada and Keshav Maharaj from SA missed out narrowly to the incumbents.

grant

Post by grant »

Here's my team :D

Paul Stirling - IRE
Hamilton Masakadza (captain) - ZIM
Kusal Mendis - SL
Virat Kohli - IND
AB de Villiers - SA
Jos Buttler (wicketkeeper) - ENG
Shakib Al Hasan (batting allrounder) - BD
Rashid Khan (bowling allrounder) - AFG
Hasan Ali - PAK
Trent Boult - NZ
Mitchell Starc - AUS

Shai Hope - WI

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Why has everyone picked Shakib from BD? lol...we do have other crickters, his batting is effective but his technqiue is painful to watch.

1) Tamim (BD) - not my fave but I like him and he's averaging 56+ in ODIs the past 2-3 years
2) Rohit (IND) - had to pick someone
3) Williamson (NZ) - probably my fave non-BD player
4) Root (ENG) - most liked of any Pommie ODI player
5) S Hope (WI)
6) De Kock (SA, WK)
7) Nabi (AFG)
8) Shadab (PAK)
9) Cummins (AUS)
10) Chatara (ZIM)
11) Sandakan (SL)

12) Stirling (IRE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm
Why has everyone picked Shakib from BD? lol...we do have other crickters, his batting is effective but his technqiue is painful to watch.

1) Tamim (BD) - not my fave but I like him and he's averaging 56+ in ODIs the past 2-3 years
2) Rohit (IND) - had to pick someone
3) Williamson (NZ) - probably my fave non-BD player
4) Root (ENG) - most liked of any Pommie ODI player
5) S Hope (WI)
6) De Kock (SA, WK)
7) Nabi (AFG)
8) Shadab (PAK)
9) Cummins (AUS)
10) Chatara (ZIM)
11) Sandakan (SL)

12) Stirling (IRE)
He was the first Bangladeshi I had seen to take the big boys on and get a bit chirpy , he wasnt afraid to have a go or let the bigger teams dictate him. That’s why I like him , plus he’s a awesome cricketer with bat and ball. Probably the best short format allrounder in the world . Also with everyone I know it’s hard to pick some players , that’s what makes it fun though. Can’t stand any of the English or Indian players but have to squeeze them in somewhere