[Match Thread]: Zimbabweans vs BCB XI | Jan 13, 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

[Match Thread]: Zimbabweans vs BCB XI | Jan 13, 2018

Post by Kriterion_BD »

BCB XI: Nazmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Anamul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Sabbir Rahaman, Md Mithun, Abul Hasan, Ariful Haque, Mahedi Hasan, Imran Ali, Ebadat Hossain, Khalid Hasan, Tanbir Hayder

Pretty strong batting lineup, all of the top order has international caps except Ariful. None of the bowlers have any caps, except Tanbir has a couple but he's more of a leg spinning bits and pieces "all-rounder" who can neither bat nor bowl.

Anamul, Mithun, and Abul are in the main ODI squad as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread]: Zimbabweans vs BCB XI | Jan 13, 2018

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Googly

Post by Googly »

How did they fail to get there in time to not acclimatise and play a warm up game? It’s possible to get to the North Pole within two days at a moment’s notice. Our new CEO seems to be a lemon. There’s very little information coming out of ZC at present.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:56 am
How did they fail to get there in time to not acclimatise and play a warm up game? It’s possible to get to the North Pole within two days at a moment’s notice. Our new CEO seems to be a lemon. There’s very little information coming out of ZC at present.
Has the ZIM team even left Harare International yet?

Pariah must be enjoying his rare "I told you so" moment.

Although this might be the BCB's fault. The tournament was originally supposed to start Jan 18, but the BCB moved it up to Jan 15 and the ZC has had trouble with connecting flights due to this change. Although the schedule has been out for a month or more, and you'd expect that to be enough time to get travel accomodations sorted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 am
Has the ZIM team even left Harare International yet?
Apparently they have.
Zimbabwe Cricket‏Verified account @ZimCricketv · 14h14 hours ago
BON VOYAGE . . . @ZimCricketv players Kyle Jarvis, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani, Hamilton Masakadza and Tendai Chisoro posed for a picture at the airport before leaving Harare for Dhaka via Dubai. Good luck in the tri-series against hosts @BCBtigers and @OfficialSLC
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'