South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

Post by sloandog »

The wicket was supposed to be fast and bouncy for this game, and yet the curator at Supersport park has produced a slow wicket with hardly any pace on it. Ashwin has bowled 31 overs and already taken 3 wickets, absolutely appalling! This is the reason test cricket is considered boring to watch!

Du Plessis even said before this game that he hopes the wicket isn't as slow as it looks, plus the curator even went on record and said that he was worried but hopeful. What an absolute bomb this will be on his record. Super-sport Park has only held 2 test matches in the past three years (this being one of them), so it was of paramount importance that the wicket was prepped for home advantage.

Really has pissed me off because the Capetown test was brilliant, lots of pacey bowling and exciting batting thanks to a terrific wicket.

Kriterion_BD

Re: South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

Post by Kriterion_BD »

A few questionable picks. If the pitch is slow expect Kohli to hit daddy hundreds like he did in Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I don't really watch much of Indian cricket except for test cricket, so comment very little on it. But this Kohli - Shastri combo is now just into ruining everything that was built up over the years as a high performing unit. Arrogant pricks. Dropping Bhuvi is just plain disgusting. He took most wickets and faced most balls of all Indian team in the first test. On top of that they are saying he would not have played the first one too if Ishant was fit!!!

And Kohli goes to a press conference and says NO ONE wanted to pick Rahane before the first test. And still doesn't pick him for the second after the furore, just as if to show the entire cricket loving nation who's the boss. And then they drop a guy who is probably the best guy with gloves in world cricket today - who just took a record 10 catches in the previous match. Parthiv is a nice character and can get in the XI as batsman alone, but why drop Saha? I can almost see Pujara being sent to the guillotine next. Bunch of arrogant jokers who deserve to be mauled, but looking at the pitch, yes, Kohli and a couple of others might just cash in.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 am
I don't really watch much of Indian cricket except for test cricket, so comment very little on it. But this Kohli - Shastri combo is now just into ruining everything that was built up over the years as a high performing unit. Arrogant pricks. Dropping Bhuvi is just plain disgusting. He took most wickets and faced most balls of all Indian team in the first test. On top of that they are saying he would not have played the first one too if Ishant was fit!!!

And Kohli goes to a press conference and says NO ONE wanted to pick Rahane before the first test. And still doesn't pick him for the second after the furore, just as if to show the entire cricket loving nation who's the boss. And then they drop a guy who is probably the best guy with gloves in world cricket today - who just took a record 10 catches in the previous match. Parthiv is a nice character and can get in the XI as batsman alone, but why drop Saha? I can almost see Pujara being sent to the guillotine next. Bunch of arrogant jokers who deserve to be mauled, but looking at the pitch, yes, Kohli and a couple of others might just cash in.
Kohli's ego will most likely be his downfall as a captain. The selections they have made are almost mind-boggling.

Whats more, favoritism will end up creating rifts in the team going forward. I can bet you Rahane isn't going to just forgive and forget. If other players are treated similarly in future, the team will eventually be split into rival camps like Wasim vs Waqar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Pandya, Kholi, Rohit, Vijay and Dhawan have a serious ego problem. They swagger about and look to own the cricket field. I honestly can't stand this Indian team anymore, and Ravi Shastri us just a walking cliche.

I've just been watching the Rabada/Kholi contest and i was cringing so much.
VK has far too much to say when he's batting because he's an arrogant, cocky bloke and doesn't like people putting him back in his place. When you bat, do a Kallis and shut the fuck up; let the batting do the talking. Rabada just keeps dangling the rod and Kholi keeps biting. When he gets out, and I assure you he will with the shots he is playing, Kholi will be the one with egg left on his face.

This entire Indian side needs to check their privilege. The only lads who seem humble and hard working are the likes of Ashwin, Kumar, Shami and Saha. The rest ooze arrogance and swagger and, to be frank, their stats do not back it up.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I wouldn't be surprised if the BCCI have bribed the curator to make this pitch slow !!!

Makes zero sense

I am enjoying this series actually and I don't mind the Indians walking around like they're king shit, it makes them a good villain and I enjoy it more when they lose.

This South African side has so many holes in it, it's not funny. They're playing 5 batsman and a keeper then 5 bowlers, very attacking but they'll come un-done against Australia if they continue like this. I reckon they'll beat India but if Australia have shown they only need 4 bowlers to take 20 wickets.

The sooner Wiaan Mulder is ready for Test cricket the better for South Africa he will give them some much needed balance

Elgar
Markram
Amla
ABDV
Faf
Wiaan
QDK
Philander
Rabada
Maharaj
Morkel / Steyn

I know it looks good and it's very attacking having 4 front line seamers but with their batting so shaky they will come un-done
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The worst part with this Indian selection nonsense going on is, clearly as others have also observed, the big-headed arrogant guys who are always trying to make a statement are the ones getting preferred over the silent nice-guy performers like Bhuvaneshwar, Rahane and Saha. I was shocked when this trend did not hold as they replaced the swagger of Dhavan with the unassuming Rahul, but most other selections are like that. Not sure what team culture they are trying to create.

As for SA, yes, this 5 bowler theory most likely won't work against the Aussies with their shaky top order. If everyone plays to their potential, the teams SA are putting out are definitely their strongest, but they might have to rethink their 5 bowler strategy. Maharaj has been a huge plus since his debut. SA finally have an attacking wicket taking spinner. If Philander and Maharaj can regularly give them 50-60 runs between them (or participate in 2 50 + partnerships between them), this might still work. Another trouble with the 5 bowler theory is that the skipper needs to manage them well. You can easily underbowl someone. But Faf has been exceptional with his bowler management.

PSR

Post by PSR »

Elgar looks so uncomfortable and fidgety in the middle...How did he score all those runs last year I wonder

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

How does Bumrah get so much pace with his small frame. Yet our own bowlers struggle to hit 130. Ngidi went up to 150km/hr the other day.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am
How does Bumrah get so much pace with his small frame. Yet our own bowlers struggle to hit 130. Ngidi went up to 150km/hr the other day.
Yea I watched Ngidi. Flakeman mentioned he was very average and gets panned all over the place in FC cricket...
What a star in the making this guy is. Rabada, Markhram, Ngidi, Andile (ODI's) and Mulder showing the world a glimpse of SA's future.