[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 1 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 1 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 am
strikerlube wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm

"Bad Sri-Lankan team" - is such a joke. Its pretty much the same squad as now, Sri Lanka are just a confidence and momentum side that's why they can be absolutely abysmal then still have crazy performances. Only improvement in their side since then is their pace bowling to be totally honest.

Lets hope we can post 250 or knock em over for about that, dickwella and gunathilaka might prove a task...
Dont know why ZCF is hyping this SL pace attack. Its the same attack that has been tonked for the past few years. Two spells on seaming surfaces in India doesnt mean much. When the ball isnt moving, Rohit has smacked the crap out of the same seam attack. On these Mirpur pitches, this Lankan seam attack will be dismissed like Jarvis, Chatara, and Blessing were.

SL spinners are the bigger threat especially since they have 2 wrist spinners, which are invaluable in LOI cricket these days.
Rohit ? As if Bangladeshi batsman are boss of playing moving ball :) :). For Sri Lanka, Lakmal is doing great, Gamage has swing, time to watch out for Madhushanka.Chameera once promishing is out of sorts after injury. Hathurusingha is too much excited about his pace above 140+kph. Dhananjaya bowls with lots of variety, Sandakan has problem of pitching the bowl at right areas.
Robo to rule :oops:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Robot wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 am

Rohit ? As if Bangladeshi batsman are boss of playing moving ball :) :). For Sri Lanka, Lakmal is doing great, Gamage has swing, time to watch out for Madhushanka.Chameera once promishing is out of sorts after injury. Hathurusingha is too much excited about his pace above 140+kph. Dhananjaya bowls with lots of variety, Sandakan has problem of pitching the bowl at right areas.
Yeah Rohit has hit not one but two double tons in ODIs vs the Lankan attack. With such a great pace attack the Lankans have managed to win just 1 of their last 15 ODIs or something insane like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, I wouldn't say the SL pace battery has specially improved. Lakmal on song can be unplayable, but he he still has his off days. I would love to follow the fortunes of Chammeera. He has such a free-flowing and watchable bowling action. Hope injuries don't rob us of such an exciting talent. Other than that, it is nothing to talk about.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 am
Yeah, I wouldn't say the SL pace battery has specially improved. Lakmal on song can be unplayable, but he he still has his off days. I would love to follow the fortunes of Chammeera. He has such a free-flowing and watchable bowling action. Hope injuries don't rob us of such an exciting talent. Other than that, it is nothing to talk about.
Chameera and Kumara both have a lot of pace. 90 mph bowlers both. Kumara took a 6-fer in SA, but I saw him bowling vs BD and he was very ordinary. But SC conditions can often do that. Still very young just 19 or 20 yo. Chameera though has the height and pace. I actually like Lakmal's action better, but Chameera has an action reminiscent of Michael Holding IMO.

That being said, Chameera's ODI stats are very ordinary. I still think SL probably needs to persist with him due to his genuine pace.

But IMO, the ODI game as it is now played is all about who does the best in the middle overs. The first 10 overs are least important in my view. If you start off like PAK did the other day 9 for 3 from 10, yes that will kill the game. On the other hand racing to 80-0 in the first 10 will also set the game up. But everything in between is pretty inconsequential. The middle 30 overs are the main part of the game. Batters need to rotate strike and look to get boundaries when they can. Fielding sides need to stop every run they can and the bowlers have to find ways of picking regular wickets. Hasan Ali got #8 Pakistan to win the Champions Trophy with just that.

This tournament will be the same. Mustafiz came in and just dried up the runs. Beat Raza's bat about 20 times. Another day he might pick 6 or 7 wickets with less menacing bowling.

The final 10 overs will offer a chance for teams to change momentum. A 300 total can be restricted to 270 and vice versa. It is the second most important phase of the innings nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Only way we are going to get into this final is a couple of Solomon Mire specials. He can really put the opposition on the back foot. His quick knocks allow others to take their time and get in.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Lol all I said was that its the same squad with a better pace attack. Improved, not crazy good.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 am
Only way we are going to get into this final is a couple of Solomon Mire specials. He can really put the opposition on the back foot. His quick knocks allow others to take their time and get in.
Yup, I've been saying that all this while too. He flops, we go down without a fight. It is not even about him just giving that start. If he flays the opposition that way - even to a quickfire 40, others in the dressing room seem to get the confidence to play better.