ICC CWC Qualifiers announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: ICC CWC Qualifiers announced

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 am

It's an ICC run event so they pretty much decide everything. Bulawayo is still a home crowd advantage.
Yeah I think people have forgotten that a bit. Its not as if the ZC will be able to doctor pitches at HSC - and if they could, they could do the same at Queens. The ICC will take over pitch curation and outfield maintainence as soon as the renovation is completed.

You wouldn't have been able to make a raging turner for super 6 match vs the Windies and then have a green seamer for the one against Afghanistan. The ICC will probably attempt to make dead flat tracks since this series will be broadcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... fier-games

Apparently they are trying to make the pitches more lively so we might actually get conditions we have never seen before. I suspect it's actually in our best interests to not play in Harare because I feel it can easily be turned into a fast bowlers paradise in the mornings if they work on it a bit.

It's a shame they didn't add Mutare to the venues. Could have used a touch up and I think the altitude and weather there could have created some interesting pace friendly pitches.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mutare is actually quite a lot lower than Harare. Strange, but true. It’s a beautiful ground. I once drove past from Mozambique and there was a game on and I couldn’t believe my eyes because it looked like Cairns bowling at Taibu. I detoured in a hurry and sure enough watched a great contest between the two. That’s when I realized that Taibu was a decent player. Cairns is a piece of work, made really inappropriate advances on a couple of ladies in Harare.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I'm not saying that QSC wont be home ground advantage, or that we should doctor pitches because lets be honest, doctoring a pitch for spin does not help us in any way.

Harare is a central city with a bigger population. We could utilise that in terms of getting people to the ground. Remember the crowd when we beat Aus. That is what we need. Granted I have not been to Bulawayo for a very long time, so I may be wrong in thinking the population is super small.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 pm
Mutare is actually quite a lot lower than Harare. Strange, but true. It’s a beautiful ground. I once drove past from Mozambique and there was a game on and I couldn’t believe my eyes because it looked like Cairns bowling at Taibu. I detoured in a hurry and sure enough watched a great contest between the two. That’s when I realized that Taibu was a decent player. Cairns is a piece of work, made really inappropriate advances on a couple of ladies in Harare.
Not to mention he is a match-fixer.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

So the matches involving non-ODI members will not be ODIs? It would seem quite idiotic tbh

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

We definitely need to do it with the bat and look to strangle the opposition with our slow bowlers because pace we have not.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

firebreaker wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am
So the matches involving non-ODI members will not be ODIs? It would seem quite idiotic tbh
Cricket is so weird sometimes. In what other sport would you have two nations play an international fixture that isn't really an international fixture?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:33 pm
firebreaker wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am
Cricket is so weird sometimes. In what other sport would you have two nations play an international fixture that isn't really an international fixture?
It’s all to do with preserving statistics and avoiding lobsided matches, not many other international sports are so fixated on stats like cricket and to be be fair pretty much every international sport tries to avoid organising fixtures between heavy weights and amateur sides.

By upholding ODI and Test status the ICC can limit can avoid having India ever having to play Namibia again, that’s the whole reason behind the 10 Team World Cup
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:33 pm
Its to keep the integrity of the records as Jay has pointed out above. Nothing wrong with that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)