No Zimbabwe Group Stage games to be televised in ICC WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
firebreaker

No Zimbabwe Group Stage games to be televised in ICC WCQ

Post by firebreaker »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">West Indies WCQ games against Ireland and Netherlands will be televised plus seven of the Super Six games and the final. If Ireland qualify all three Super six games will be televised</p>&mdash; Ian Callender (@Ian_Callender) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ian_Callender/statu ... ">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: No Zimbabwe Group Stage games to be televised in ICC WCQ

Post by sloandog »

That's absolutely bollocks.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Zim will play most of its group games at the BAC. Should be one of the reasons.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

I hope they are live-streamed. It's pretty shocking because even ICC WT20Q 2015 had plenty of games televised.

grant

Post by grant »

Now this is just nuts!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I feel like the last WCQ had a lot of games televised especially from the bigger sides. This is quite shocking and disappointing. Certainly can't be from a broadcasters POV because this is the first tourney with Test nations. I suspect, this is due to the lack of infrastructure in ZIM. Apart from HSC and Queens, I doubt the other grounds have sufficient media facilities for a broadcast. Heck HSC doesn't even have floodlights. I can only imagine what the BAC or Mutare/Kwekwe grounds must be like.

There's also the issue of outfield drainage in case of rain breaks. Without floodlights, play can't go on till dusk in case of a minor rain delay.

I had always thought it was a bad idea to host the tournament in ZIM (lack of infrastructure) or IRE/SCO (threat of rain) and should have been hosted in the UAE or even in the backwaters of India (Guwahati, Cuttack, Pune, Dharamshala, Indore, Vishakapatnam, etc).

A few million USD and 3-4 months isn't enough time to get 4-5 grounds up to the standards required for a major ICC global tournament.

Hoping for good weather and minimal disruptions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

tawac wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Zimbabwe sucks no need to watch this bunch of losers...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

At least we won't have to see us failing to qualify on live television.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

aydee

Post by aydee »

firebreaker wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">West Indies WCQ games against Ireland and Netherlands will be televised plus seven of the Super Six games and the final. If Ireland qualify all three Super six games will be televised</p>&mdash; Ian Callender (@Ian_Callender) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ian_Callender/statu ... ">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I don't think this is an exhaustive list of live games. Just the live games involving European teams.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 am
tawac wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Zimbabwe sucks no need to watch this bunch of losers...
Get off the forum then you absolute dingbat
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!