[Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Post by sloandog »

Bowl it fuller man come on. Dropping it short they're just waiting for it now

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Normal service resuming I see. I think the previous matches performance was the anomaly, not the norm.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

They are beating us with a 10-man team now. The skipper intelligently taking, what is essentially a non-playing role...

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Ryan burl bowled decently ..does that save his place in the 11 for the next match ..surely Waller out ..but who replaces him ..Terry is another one of those nudgers which we have plenty in the 11 ..moor ? Far too inconsistent .what about opening with musakanda and dropping mire down the order ..or burl opens
Burl
Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Raza
Musakanda
Mire
Cremer
Vittori
Jarvis
Chatara

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I always pushed for Burl to open

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

It's a shame we are stuck with Waller now. I hope Williams comes back and takes his place.

I don't know what it is about Burl hey. Hasn't done anything or looked exceptional at any point for me. He looks like more of an Ervine longer format kind of player which is why he struggles in ODI situations.

I would rather give Tari a go next game. Yes he has never made a hundred but at least he looked the part when he was playing. That last 2 combo of Burl and Waller is completely hopeless. Waller has annoyed me to the point where i don't expect anything from him. He might go down as one of the worst players we have ever had.

Sometimes I wonder how Waller survived the Chop when the likes of Matsikenyeri and Vusi got dropped. He is actually a worse player than them. After the qualifiers he must be shown the door. I would have taken Elton in his place even. He is a far better finisher than waller who was struggling just as bad as waller. He is 3 years younger than Waller too..That's where the selection bias people talk about comes from. I guess every selection panel has their favourites.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Ryan burl bowled decently ..does that save his place in the 11 for the next match ..surely Waller out ..but who replaces him ..Terry is another one of those nudgers which we have plenty in the 11 ..moor ? Far too inconsistent .what about opening with musakanda and dropping mire down the order ..or burl opens
Burl
Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Raza
Musakanda
Mire
Cremer
Vittori
Jarvis
Chatara

This is actually not a bad line-up at all. Worth trying. If Mire takes that finisher role then we really can get rid of both Moor and Waller. Moor for the bench and Waller into retirement.

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

Looks like normal service has resumed. Waller has to go after this surely. He's just not good enough.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Waller has survived for so long cause there is currently no one who can take that finisher's role ..Waller always plays that 15 ball 25-28 runs innings in T20 cementing his place in the onedayers as well..Williams musakanda all are nudgers of the ball ..that is why moor was so important ..unfortunately he failed so we will have to stick with Waller till we find someone new or drop down mire to finish the innings

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Im officially done with Malcolm Waller I've backed him so many times but he's just fucked needs to go.

We started poorly but then Raza & Ervine did a good job repairing things until that fucking umpire ripped us off, I hate home umpires specially inexperienced ones, how can they be trusted?

Burl is so frustrating he's clearly a good batsman but just can't get a score, he really needs to give him self a rule of not playing any cross bat shots until he faces at least 20-30 balls

We might have to bring Tari in at 3 so we lengthen our batting lineup a bit which is disappointing because I like having BT @3 and Raza @5 but of the 7 ODI matches we've played this year 5 times we've been bowled out for under 200.

I dont like this line up but we might have to play it

Mire
Hami
Tari
BT
Ervine
Raza
Burl
Cremer
Jarvis
Vitori
Chatara