It’s just about winning the Ireland game now.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: It’s just about winning the Ireland game now.

Post by TapsC »

8-3 Is the way to go. We had one bowler too many yesterday. I would bring in PJ and drop one bowler depending on the conditions. If it's spinning I would drop a fast bowler. Probably blessing from yesterday. If it's pace friendly I would drop Chisoro.

Our batting just isn't reliable enough to post a big total if the top order fails. Whether it was Cephas or Tari or Hami or Mire. If the top 3 don't fire we usually end up in trouble if we only have 7 batsmen. I think at this point we should consider Williams and Raza as genuine bowling options. Especially at this level. It's not like we are playing AB De Villiers or Kohli. The only real threat is Gayle.

Cephas must stay on. He will come good at least once which might be absolutely crucial. At least you know with him he isn't going to waste deliveries whilst he is at it. He is either going to give us a great start or fail doing so. I am not comfortable with the Mire approach where he was on 9 off 25 at some point yesterday.He could easily have given it away because he doesn't have the best technique. Zhuwao only used up 9 deliveries.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Quick stat on the run for Cephas he has faced 55 balls in ODIs and has been dismissed 4 times .......

As for dropping a bowler for a batsman I’m not so sure, it would most likely be Waller who returns so I can’t see the point in that.

I find it funny how so many people are calling for the 8-3 to return after it was ridiculed so much after the successful SL series 🤯🤯🤯
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 am

How you figure Scotland ahead?
Scots NRR is 0.8 and Zims is 1.035
Thats for the group stage and largely due to ZIM thumping Nepal. The Super 6 stage is a pseudo-fresh slate were only results from Super 6 stages are carried forward. Guys, the ICC has done this at the 1999, 2003, 2007 world cups plus T20s and prolly some Champions Trophys too...its not new!

Check this post for the updated NRR table as of now:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14649#p123073

Scotland is at +0.138 and Zimbabwe is at +0.020.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 am

I find it funny how so many people are calling for the 8-3 to return after it was ridiculed so much after the successful SL series 🤯🤯🤯
Thats the most notable thing about ZCF as a forum. Forums are kinda like people in that sense that there is an over-arching theme or personality about them.

Pakpassion is all about finding some random 12 year old seam bowler from a village under a mountain pass who is currently bowling at 90 kph followed by two dozen posters thinking that means this kid has the potential to bowl 180 kph by age 24 and be the next Shoaib + Lee in one.

Indian Cricket Fans is funny because you can't tell if its a forum dedicated to cricket or right wing politics.

Banglacricket is a bipolar forum. When the team is winning, everyone thinks they will breeze to the World Cup championship. When the team is losing, they think Botswana U-19 would kick our ass.

And finally ZCF. ZCF's grand theme is about the grass always being greener on the other side no matter what. For over a decade Elton and Vusi were these incredible match-winners...but only when they were dropped. But as soon as they were actually in the squad people were harping for Waller or Williams or someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

There must be no other forum that influences selection like ZCF however. Just look at all the mania's we have had, Moormania, Burlmania, Murraymania. If only Blignaut's annual April 1 return would come to fruition.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Mumba mania

eugene

Post by eugene »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:24 am
Cephas must stay on. He will come good at least once which might be absolutely crucial. At least you know with him he isn't going to waste deliveries whilst he is at it. He is either going to give us a great start or fail doing so. I am not comfortable with the Mire approach where he was on 9 off 25 at some point yesterday.He could easily have given it away because he doesn't have the best technique. Zhuwao only used up 9 deliveries.
This is very true. The worst thing is having some mug at the top of the order who will bat 10 overs and score 11 runs. Cephas either fires or gets out quickly handing the wheel over to the real batsmen.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Cephas should be given the tournament as that’s what he was picked for and he has been good without being great , if he can click one game and make a match winning score he has done his role . Just need him to hurry up with it , if he comes off against Ireland he could be the diffference , in fact could shock and flatten Ireland . The 8-3 I was never critical of just only in test matches , we have enough spin bowling part timers to cover average overs from the quicks . Pj in my eyes has to come just to either steady the ship if we crumble or wack a few at the end , no more Waller ever ever again please.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ive always thought 8-3 suits us, especially with Williams in the team.

Williams and Raza are very much all rounders now.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

The game against Ireland is essentially an elimination match for both teams. If Zimbabwe lose I don't see a path forward for qualification.