[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 pm
Think back to that diabolical last over Jarvis bowled when it started raining as well.
Yea that's exactly it. Just brainless cricket.

PSR

Post by PSR »

An absolute sad day for Zimbabwe cricket ::(:(

Dont know whether il be following them anymore...Always left me dissapointed

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

No words. Today 22 March 2018 marks the actual death of Zimbabwe Cricket. We won’t recover from this.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This loss is indeed devastating, but I am not going anywhere. I don't think I could ever stop supporting Zimbabwe. If I have made it this far why stop now? Not quite sure where we go from here? Persist with the current group and gradually blood younger players? Cleanout everyone? Fire the coaches? This moment is not the time to make such a decision as emotions need to subside.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

'Zimbabwe will not play in the next World Cup, the first time since 1979'

Oh Jesus, that really made my eyes water a bit. I think it hit home when I read that. We're done

PSR

Post by PSR »

I foresee a lot of retirements...Jarvis would be wondering why he left county....Zimbabwe cricket will eventually die :(

PSR

Post by PSR »

Feel so sad for all those passionate fans who made to to the ground for all match days :cry: :roll:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm
This loss is indeed devastating, but I am not going anywhere. I don't think I could ever stop supporting Zimbabwe. If I have made it this far why stop now? Not quite sure where we go from here? Persist with the current group and gradually blood younger players? Cleanout everyone? Fire the coaches? This moment is not the time to make such a decision as emotions need to subside.
This is the best side we've fielded for years, plus arguably the best coaching staff except Robin Brown as the batting coach.
Getting rid of them will not help our situation one tiny bit.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I can see a few retirements coming into play now I think.

Waller to finish. Mire will more than likely head back to Australia. More to follow no doubt.

There's just nothing keeping them there now. The whole idea is to play and improve in targeting a world cup, in front of millions.

It's sinking in now for me. When I go and watch the games next summer at OT I'd just wish we were there

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

eugene wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm
I will never go anywhere too. Obviously tho vs need to settle down but at this stage you have think back and look at what went wrong. For me we need a 5 year plan and a change of management. Unfortunately when thugs go wrong the selectors and coaches have to take the heat. Here is why

From the selectors point of view. You can't change your minds in the final game. How do you put someone into a team to play when you dropped for almost 10 games in a row? What's the selection policy there exactly? I'm not saying he did a bad job but he did exactly what he was expected to do. The reason why PJ doesn't do well in limited overs cricket is that he struggles to rotate the strike. It's blatantly clear. His strike rate is in the 60s and every time he tries to accelerate he gets out. That's why his average is around the 19 mark because that's about the time yo start to think boundaries. That does not take a rocket scientist to see. The numbers show that. Analyse them and they will tell you. Batting Ervine at when we all know he is hopeless as a finisher is suicidal. What did they expect?

From a management's point of view. They also have a say in the batting order and selection. It was their call. You guys all said that they should be allowed to pick their side and die by that.well guess what they have well and truly died today. Taibu who is based in the UK must focus on the rising stars and stay there. Streak would make a good bowling coach in my opinion but we need a more tactical head coach who can be neutral and tactical. Streak isn't.

From the players. Most of these guys don't want to be around anyway so if you really want to leave then please give us the next 5 years to work with Burl Tari Blessing Mumba Mavuta Mashinge Ngarava and co. We need a fresh start without guys who constantly fail when it matters. I would personally convince Taylor Raza Williams and Cremer that they can still contribute but the rest for me can leave. Just look at how the UAE have a guy bowling 145kph. Why on earth do we need Jarvis to come and bowl short bowls at 125kph. Chatara looks unfit. We need proper pace bowlers not that nonsense. Hami and Waller can go. Ervine will never recover mentally from today to be honest. He let a whole country down and it wasn't even his fault.