Cheating Australians

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Cheating Australians

Post by eugene »

Even by Australian standards the ball-tampering fiasco is bad. This wasn't a heat of the moment decision from a desperate and demoralised team. This was a planned abuse of the rules and what is worse is that they got one of the youngest guys on the team to carry out the act. Why didn't Steve Smith do the tampering himself if it was his idea? Steve Smith surely has to be stood down as captain and suspended, along with Bancroft and anyone else involved in this shameful display.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Re: Cheating Australians

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 am
Even by Australian standards the ball-tampering fiasco is bad. This wasn't a heat of the moment decision from a desperate and demoralised team. This was a planned abuse of the rules and what is worse is that they got one of the youngest guys on the team to carry out the act. Why didn't Steve Smith do the tampering himself if it was his idea? Steve Smith surely has to be stood down as captain and suspended, along with Bancroft and anyone else involved in this shameful display.
Weren't the Saffers also found guilty of doing this a few years back? Hard to do these without getting caught on camera in the 4K era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene

Post by eugene »

Actually I believe Faf du Plessis has been under suspicion twice before, although neither seemed quite so blatant as Bancroft's effort.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This is absolutely disgraceful. And Smith saying this was part of the plan the "leadership team" cooked up! To think that Lehmann was talking about crowds needing to respect the opposition etc. given how they treat the English teams visiting Australia too is now going to come back to haunt them. I can't imagine how the Aussies can enter the field today with their heads held high.

This should end careers / leadership roles.

Faf's incidents or any incident of "tampering" in recent years were questionable charges, but this is massively blatant, sanctioned by the "leadership group"...

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I'm still trying to collect my rational thoughts on this as I'm so angry. I'm calling for a Salman Butt/ Mohammad Amir type ban, if not by the ICC but Cricket Australia. It was premeditated. And these bastards may well be regretful & may be embarrassed but they have not yet said "sorry". In their press conference it was a plan to cheat. No one spoke against it & said that's illegal. And because the umpires didn't change the ball, Smith is trying to justify it. Like, we planned to cheat. We got caught. But it didn't affect the course of the match, so it's ok. Get fucked!
Eugene asks why Bancroft? Well, he's considered under the radar. A bowler can't do it as they would be under too much camera scrutiny, so count out 4 bowlers & Mitch Marsh. Smith & Warner would also have too much camera scrutiny after previous events in the series & Paine is keeper with gloves so, he's out. That leaves Sean Marsh (in slips), Khawaja & Bancroft. Bancroft fields close to the bat & is a natural for the ball be thrown to & then progress it to a bowler. Plus, no one expects the camera focus to be on him.
On a lighter note, Warner (whom i expect was part of the leadership group Smith alluded to) has stated he wants a career in politics. Well, if this is indicative of his leadership, he is certainly going to the most appropriate career path. The cunt.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

You can't really be angry at these nice Australians, they have obviously been so upset by the South African (boo hiss) sledging that they have made an understandable error, take poor old Warner for example, a nicer and more polite chap you couldn't wish to meet, never a bad word for anyone, he's suffered massive emotional trauma from having nasty unfair things directed at him and I won't even mention those nasty faces Rabada was pulling ....... no, I'm thinking of setting up a crowdfunding appeal for these poor sweet Arsetralians, probably to give them a nice quite holiday somewhere, anyone wish to contribute?

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I won't contribute but i will suggest the guilty are made to take a sabbatical to, say, Zimbabwe & try to reestablish the grassroots system & coach young kids all free of charge. It won't happen as the ban will remove them from all forms of cricket. Smith will be lucky to play Stick Cricket on his phone.

eugene

Post by eugene »

What makes this debacle worse is that the Australians have spent the whole series whinging about some heckling from the crowd and talking about the 'spirit of the game'. Where is ball-tampering in the 'spirit of the game'? I feel bad for Cameron Bancroft, he surely knew this was wrong but as the youngest member of the squad what was he to do, say no to his captain and report them to the coach? Smith and Warner should never have put him in that position.

In regards to Smith and Warner, lifetime bans are possible, but not appropriate nor likely. I do hope they are given lengthy bans and also kicked out of the IPL. That they failed to alter the state of the ball shouldn't negate their offence.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Everyone is taking their chance to lay their boot into this Australian side and they deserve it for the way they carry on whilst also claiming to take the moral high ground, yes it was premeditated cheating and they're a disgrace but I think some people are getting carried away with the suspensions.

For 200 years players have been trying to manipulate the ball and get it to mis-behave, you'll see players spit on the ball, rub it in the dirt, pick at it with the nails, step on it, use lollies on it and rub it on their zippers. It's been going for ever so calls for Smith to be given a life ban are way over the top.

As I said everyone is taking their chance to lay the boot in because nobody likes Smith, Warner and the rest of the side, but lets be realistic life bans for ball tampering??? that's ridiculous.

Smith and Warner won't ever captain Australia again which puts the Aussies in a shit spot because they really lack leaders, surely Tim Paine isn't a long term option? I can't really think of any young Aussie player coming through that would make a good captain.

To make things worse Michael Clarke said he would consider coming back !!!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah ban them for 6 months or for 10 Tests. I think thats sufficient. And why is Bancroft getting off so easy. They threw the book at a 17 yo Amir. Bancroft shouldn't even be in the side hogging up Renshaw's spot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)