Cheating Australians

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Cheating Australians

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 am
Yeah ban them for 6 months or for 10 Tests. I think thats sufficient. And why is Bancroft getting off so easy. They threw the book at a 17 yo Amir. Bancroft shouldn't even be in the side hogging up Renshaw's spot.
Ball tampering and match fixing isn’t the same thing mate, you tamper with a ball you get fined and suspended

You fix a match or even just one ball, you go to jail. Unless you’re Amir and roll on your mates you get off easy
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It's the arrogance of Steve Smith that I don't like.

I'm not sure if those based in the UK managed to see this, but Rob Key absolutely ripped a strip off Smith on live TV; it was glorious.
The fact Smith has said that he won't be stepping down, and that he feels he is the best man for the job shows his attitude and lack of respect for the situation. He's in no position to sit there and say he wishes to carry on as the skipper. Sorry bud, but that was taken out of your hands when you decided to cheat. I'm loving the fact that the crowds in SA are getting behind their boys and giving back some abuse. The crowds in Australia are no better and Lehamn even instagated them to make Stuart Broad head home on tears. This is a great example of giving it and not being able to take it.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Additionally, I want Lehaman sacked.
He was caught on TV speaking to Hanscombe via the walki talki and the second he was spotted on the big screen he put it away. The guy couldn't look more suspicious. I would strongly reccoemd we all keep our eyes on cricinfo this week. There's going to be a few decisions made which will make the Austtalians wince a bit. I mean, hey, the Australian Prime Minister is well and truly involved in this and it doesn't appear like he's going anywhere until the matter has been resolved, and those involved have been dealt an appropriate punishment.

This has been a very embaressing, diabolical example of cheating, and all involved need to be banned for a good five matches at least. I really can;t stand Steve Smith, such an arrogant, cocky bloke. I loved it when Morkel got him yesterday and he was hissed off the park. Keep walking Kant

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Interesting that the Australians have been suspected of ball tampering for most of this series, according to Fanie de Villiers at least. The camera crews were deliberately focusing on them looking for evidence when Bancroft got caught.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Train Driver wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:54 am
You can't really be angry at these nice Australians, they have obviously been so upset by the South African (boo hiss) sledging that they have made an understandable error, take poor old Warner for example, a nicer and more polite chap you couldn't wish to meet, never a bad word for anyone, he's suffered massive emotional trauma from having nasty unfair things directed at him and I won't even mention those nasty faces Rabada was pulling ....... no, I'm thinking of setting up a crowdfunding appeal for these poor sweet Arsetralians, probably to give them a nice quite holiday somewhere, anyone wish to contribute?
This post has made my day :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:02 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 am
Yeah ban them for 6 months or for 10 Tests. I think thats sufficient. And why is Bancroft getting off so easy. They threw the book at a 17 yo Amir. Bancroft shouldn't even be in the side hogging up Renshaw's spot.
Ball tampering and match fixing isn’t the same thing mate, you tamper with a ball you get fined and suspended

You fix a match or even just one ball, you go to jail. Unless you’re Amir and roll on your mates you get off easy
I think anyone who gets caught for fixing of any sort deserves a life ban. Cheating, first offense 6 months sounds good to me. I put steroid use or performance enhancing drugs under this category. 6-12 months for a first offence is adequate. Second offense should be automatic life ban and severe financial penalties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The thing that gives me the shits is everyone running in laying the boot into us Aussies when every other country just about has been caught doing the same.

What pisses me off more is that Smith,Warner & Bancroft gave the rest of the world the opportunity to do so

Look at the way the Australian people have reacted to this, we've been more scathing than anyone, compare this to how South Africa reacted when Faf and Vernon got caught twice !!!!!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What do we think the 'sanctions' will be. We're due to hear in a matter of hours apparently, which should be interesting.
I reckon they could all face a year

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Cricket Australia has banned Smith & Warner for 12 months and Bancroft for 9

Considering the ICC only banned Smith for 1 Test and fined Bancroft ( no sanction for Warner ) this shows how Australia is the only country in the world who takes this shit serous

Faf has been caught twice tampering with the ball and nobody gives a fuck he’s still the golden boy of South African cricket !!!!!

I can’t stand all these muppet Saffers carrying on they’re so righteous Graeme Smith, Manthorpe etc carrying on like this is the crime of the century ! Please South African cricket has done it all, match fixing, ball tampering, racial selections and protests !!!!

You’re all having a good time laying the boot in but today I’m proud to be an Australian no other country would drop their best two players for a year.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yes, there's a lot of hypocrisy in the South Africa camp, but this was pre meditated.

Faf shining the ball with minted saliva is not as bad as coming up with a plan in the changing rooms, using walki talkies to communicate and then actually implement on the field. Not only that, but get caught on live tv and then try and wiggle out of it by blaming a black cloth.

This is an out of control Aussie side and is clear as daylight that they can't take what they give.
Smith is a cunt, and so is David Warner. They both are. They stir shit up in the Media and love a press conference to cause a war, but the second it is vollied back (crowd abuse, Warner and De Kock) they don't like it. The circumstances leading up to the ball tampering scandal looks like, 'yea, we're being bummed here, hard! We need to look elsewhere for a solution.'

I like Lehamn as a bloke, but again, his comments about the crowds in South Africa are totally and utterly cringe worthy. They really are and I think he'll look back on those comments and realise that in time to come. Australian crowds are notorious for it.

We played an Aussie Cricket Academy last summer. They brought a lot of supporters with them (which was great), but even they couldn't help but getting stuck into the lads on the boundary, and that's club cricket!

Do not give it, if you can't take it. This series has shown than Warner loves to mouth off but can't take the shit back. He was goading De Kock in the stairwell incident, even Paine said it, so what the fuck does he expect?!