ZRS scrapped

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

ZRS scrapped

Post by aydee »

Rising Stars tour cancelled.

They'd have surely been due to leave in a few days. Very sad, especially for the young players concerned. Extremely bad sign for the future.

Optimism in short supply right now.

Googly

Re: ZRS scrapped

Post by Googly »

You can’t have an RS tour and not pay players locally. The local lads will be well pleased because it raises the odds of them getting their salaries, that’s the truth of it!
I’m making all these sarcastic posts because I’m at a low ebb. I knew it would come to this. We lack administrators and players with the moral integrity and ability to sit at the members’ table, and have done so for a long time. We’ve gotten away with it for a variety of reasons.
Don’t lose sight of the fact that there’s still plenty of money coming our way. These bastards will make the right noises and pull out every trick in the book to get through this next election and then they know the game’s really up and it will be one last massive looting. Oh and they will become politicians :lol:

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

U can't fire Taibu & ask him to continue with the program...
Appoint Mangongo to go with ZRS to South Africa
Let Gray Brent & James Wayne to assist him..

Googly

Post by Googly »

We need guys that think out of the box like you.
Brent and James would jump at the opportunity to be working for ZC under Mangongo in South Africa.

Googly

Post by Googly »

God told Tatenda to forgive ZC for treating him so badly over the years and pull two salaries in the meantime. :lol: They all had a big prayer get together and All Hailed The Mighty Potato, tithed the guys lower down the food chain, a group hug and all was forgiven. These dudes actually pray together before they steal. I wonder what they’re thinking in their heads? Do they sneak a peak at the devout thief standing alongside with head bowed and say “fuck I wonder if he knows I’m also a thief?” or “God can’t be a white guy coz as sure as fuck I’d be struck by lighting!” or “God is either really benevolent or really stupid and I know somehow this is going to come back and bite me,” or “fuuck this shit works, dare I pray to become Honourable or even President?”
Not sure how many times Taibu has to be bitch slapped by ZC before he finally learns.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Googly wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:42 am
God told Tatenda to forgive ZC for treating him so badly over the years and pull two salaries in the meantime. :lol: They all had a big prayer get together and All Hailed The Mighty Potato, tithed the guys lower down the food chain, a group hug and all was forgiven. These dudes actually pray together before they steal. I wonder what they’re thinking in their heads? Do they sneak a peak at the devout thief standing alongside with head bowed and say “fuck I wonder if he knows I’m also a thief?” or “God can’t be a white guy coz as sure as fuck I’d be struck by lighting!” or “God is either really benevolent or really stupid and I know somehow this is going to come back and bite me,” or “fuuck this shit works, dare I pray to become Honourable or even President?”
Not sure how many times Taibu has to be bitch slapped by ZC before he finally learns.
I would imagine the same applies to streak about supping with the devil. Both taibu and him have been badly burnt.

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 pm
Taibu was never paid to run the RS, he just did it in addition to the selector role. The reason the players aren't being paid (some back to last July) and the RS tour is off is because there is no money available. How then do you propose they go to SA with Mangongo, Brent and James?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:42 am
I guess people work for ZC knowing that it will turn bad but they will get a bit of money while the going is good.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

NickG wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 am
Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 pm
Taibu was never paid to run the RS, he just did it in addition to the selector role. The reason the players aren't being paid (some back to last July) and the RS tour is off is because there is no money available. How then do you propose they go to SA with Mangongo, Brent and James?
How is there no money available, other than the obvious and it keeps vanishing into pockets and loan repayment?
If it were legitimately not available and they keep running out prematurely then they should try this new method of running a business called budgeting. If there was never the money to create RS in the first place did they gamble on it being so successful that they were hoping for a cash injection after, and from whom? ICC?
Zim cricket could be comfortably run on the cash flow they have, that’s a fact. It requires ONE responsible person controlling the money and no boards or administrators, none, zero, zip. They know nothing and do nothing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The reason they created RS was because they were under immense pressure to show they were doing something. Everyone knows we can’t even finish a season of domestic cricket or send kids on regular tours (and that’s with parents footing the bill :lol: so it costs nothing)
They were told to shape up to prove they were worthy of hosting the qualifiers so restarting an academy would be too hard, and Taibu offered them an easy alternative.
Then a quick photo shoot of some concrete nets being built in Colleen Bawn with some bemused looking board members who’ve never seen a cricket net in their lives, but minus players, bats, balls and any equipment whatsoever and that box is ticked as well. Then hope no one from ICC asks in the next two years how that’s all going :lol: I wonder how the Mazarabani academy is faring? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s that bad.