ZIM tour BD 2019 (3 Tests, 3 ODIs)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

ZIM tour BD 2019 (3 Tests, 3 ODIs)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

From various articles in the BD media, this is what I've got. The tour is scheduled for January-February 2019. But with general elections being around that time, the BPL may be moved to that window instead of its usual November slot. So the ZIM tour may be shifted to later in 2019.

Personally I think a series before the WC would be best, perhaps 2 Tests and 5 ODIs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ZIM tour BD 2019 (3 Tests, 3 ODIs)

Post by Jemisi »

Some tests would be great.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Hopefully Zimbabwe has their shit sorted by then, I will be very interested to see how Cremer and Raza would do bowling at Mirpur
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Frankly speaking, Irish or Afghans would have been better oposition for Bangladesh, for the series to be competative. This series will probably take place to compensate rejection of Bangladesh Tour to Australia. If BCB takes it as helping ground to ZC, then they are wrong, because ZC can't help themselves at present.Worst things are happening in ZC.If this series happens, it will be the repeation of 2013-14 series, of Zim getting white washed.

It would have been a cracker of a series if they allowed Afghans.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

When was the last time you guys toured us?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am
When was the last time you guys toured us?

1-1 Test series

2-1 ODI's to Zimbabwe

1-1 t20 series

BT got two tons in the first Test as KJ and Shingi destroyed BD, Cremer got two 40's and took 4/4 to wrap up the tail

2nd test went to shit when we decided to bowl first and we played KJ despite him being injured, dropped 3-4 catches in the 2nd innings when we had them on the ropes, Hami got a 4th innings ton

Vusi and Williams starred in the ODI's as we won the 2nd and 3rd games, Vusi got 100 odd not out in the 3rd

Seems like a life time ago, but after we got white washed over there in 2014 BD have seemed hesitant to return to Zimbabwe, I guess to try and avoid losing test ranking points???

Zimbabwe has toured Bangladesh four times since that 2013 series without BD returning the favour, in their defence ZC probably can't afford to host them anyways
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

They should surely feel comfortable now because they are the stronger team. I guess they are afraid that we will win a few. Unfortunately it also does look like our new strategy will be to tour because we cant afford to host. Really feel like we would give Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the West Indies a really tough time if they came over more often. Credit to Sri Lanka and the West Indies for having toured us recently. I guess the ODI league will force teams to come. You cant hide behind home form forever

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

jaybro wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:10 am
Vusi and Williams starred in the ODI's as we won the 2nd and 3rd games, Vusi got 100 odd not out in the 3rd
I can remember watching that 3rd ODI. Vusi was 99 not out with only 5 needed to win but he wasn't on strike with Williams at the other end, he hit a boundary off the first ball of the over with only 1 run needed to win the match, Williams blocked out the remainder of the over and Vusi smashed the first ball of the next over for 4 to reach his century and win the match!

Good times :)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:04 am
Hopefully Zimbabwe has their shit sorted by then, I will be very interested to see how Cremer and Raza would do bowling at Mirpur
Amen to that. There's about 8-10 months time for ZC to sort things out. Maybe with the next ICC payment in June. But 8-10 months is also plenty of time for 3-4 white guys to call it quits. I sincerely hope any tour of BD has Taylor, KJ, Ervine, Willy, Cremer, and Raza (who is a fan favorite in BD).

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 am
They should surely feel comfortable now because they are the stronger team. I guess they are afraid that we will win a few. Unfortunately it also does look like our new strategy will be to tour because we cant afford to host. Really feel like we would give Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the West Indies a really tough time if they came over more often. Credit to Sri Lanka and the West Indies for having toured us recently. I guess the ODI league will force teams to come. You cant hide behind home form forever
Yeah we need to tour places like Zimbabwe and Ireland. Our overseas performance has been pathetic. The way we played vs a 4th string SA attack on dead pitches was the most embarassing performance from BD that I can remember. For some reason, the old 2014 FTP had 4 consecutive ZIM tours of BD without any return tours in ZIM till 2021 or so. At that time BD were just begining to make some headway on the Test rankings and probably wanted to avoid losing (although ZIM were still higher ranked at that stage) points and ZC agreed to such a lopsided schedule purely for financial reasons.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/ ... 58395.html (Old 2014 FTP)