Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by Black Mamba »

India's World T20 , 2007 winning manager, assistant coach of Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League 2008 and ex Afghanistan head coach has been appointed as an interim head coach of Zimbabwe Cricket Team

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZimCricketv/ ... 881920?p=v

TapsC

Re: Lalchand Rajput appointed as an interim head coach

Post by TapsC »

I knew somebody would take the job. World T20 winning coach appointed with t20 qualification coming up. Cant really complain to be honest. Even BT welcomed it. I wonder how long it will take for him to get fed up as well :lol:

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

This is among the best news to have come out for Zimbabwe recently ..he has played for mumbai and has a very good knowledge of the game ..dont go by the number of games he has played internationally it is often said that it's easier to get into the indian team than the mumbai ramji team ..trust me this guy is very good

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lalchand Rajput is a fantastic coach. This is indeed the best news I heard related to Zimbabwe cricket since 22nd March.

I hope lalchand revives this team and ZC ensure it keeps its core players by paying them on time.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

He may be very good but not very bright!

Who does he think is going to pay him? Unless BCCI are paying him to get Zim vote :o

ZC is in deficit for wages and by the time they settle their and others lawyers fees and paid the damages will be $2m+ down.

Mr Rajput must be a serious joke.
Unless because ZC has become very good at this...Rajputin will be cheaper based in India!! :W:

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s a bit of a surprise, I was half expecting a local.
The really interesting appointments are now going to be the rest of them- batting, bowling, fielding, physio etc etc

Googly

Post by Googly »

In a perfect world all the decent guys would refuse and we’d be left with Utseya as the only guy putting his hand up, giving this the credibility it deserves.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Well I was proven wrong which I am happy enough to be as on the surface it seems to be a great appointment by ZC, I did mention on another thread I'd like a sub-continent coach to help the boys out regarding spin.

With all this talk of strikes and people not being paid you'd have to wonder why Mr Rajput has taken on the job? Hopefully the board has shown him they have all this sorted and we can get on with some cricket
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Having an Indian as coach is probably a good thing, being neither black or white he can't be blamed of being biased one way or another.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Looks like a suggestion by BCCI to ZC, just like they had suggested his name to the Afghan board a few years back and they made him the coach. Not sure why BCCI is always keen to put his name forward, but he sure is a good coach.

But this is just an interim appointment though, so I'm not sure if that would make the BCCI any happy at all, if that was the idea.