[Pro 50] Stars v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

[Pro 50] Stars v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The last round of activity before the already decided final. Good preparation for the finalists Mountaineers and Rising Stars with today's matches.

Stars v Eagles: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8838 ... p-2017-18/

Mountaineers v Rhinos: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8838 ... p-2017-18/

TapsC

Re: [Pro 50] Stars v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by TapsC »

Would be a fairy tale ending uf the Stars won this in their first season. Didnt even realize they were on top

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 am
Would be a fairy tale ending uf the Stars won this in their first season. Didnt even realize they were on top
Just wondering with the program called off are these their last games or will they carry on as the 5th side? They should hold their heads high. Clearly out playing some of the old heads.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

tawac wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 am
Just wondering with the program called off are these their last games or will they carry on as the 5th side? They should hold their heads high. Clearly out playing some of the old heads.
The original idea was to carry on with RS as the 5th side into next season using the 2018 intake. The current squad would be available for other franchises and over time the RS mentality and culture will infiltrate and improve the overall standards within Zim domestic cricket, with RS producing a constant stream of exciting talent each year.

Whether ZC actually deliver any of this remains to be seen. The 2018 UK tour is off - a key component of the programme - and I've not heard any positive noises.

Such a shame if this innovative programme is laid to rest after a promising start...

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

With the present happenings, its certain Rising Stars will be scrapped from the domestic cricket as 5th sides, and under 19s who would have been the part of ZRS will move to UK and new hope for proteas and Zimbos i,e Ireland

tawac

Post by tawac »

Nice recovery from the Stars to finish off with 257/9 they were in a spot of bother at 135/7. Great fight back from Akram 66 (86) and some nasty blows from Muchawaya 30(14).
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Roche is looking like the real deal on these scorecards. We need to offer him something before he pursues something else like Murray. Cant blame a kid if he takes an opportunity whilst others are not available for various reasons. Roche, Kamhunukamwe and Magarira have done well. Masuku as well in the logan cup. Tsiga has also put up good numbers as well as Mupariwa and Mavuta. Hopefully we see these guys whenever the next A tour happens instead of the usual suspects.

We need to start rebuilding now with a 2023 vision meaning a lot of guys who are 30 and above should stop getting opportunities unless its absolutely necessary.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Also expect to see Elton back in the fold under this new selection panel.

Just looked at his record. He has played over 550 games across all formats. I wonder who holds the record for Zimbabwe. Hami has over 570. Andy Flower over 620

tawac

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm
Also expect to see Elton back in the fold under this new selection panel.
Elton would be back in fold based solely on the numbers he has been putting up. Having an inform Elton would be priceless. Not many guys have stepped up in this round of games despite the dip in the bowling quality. The likes of Chibhabha, Masukanda have been very ordinary not even putting in the effort. There is not much to go by, it will be interesting who the selectors actually call up to the training squad.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Roche seems to be getting better and better...