Time now to declare Black Cricketers from Zimbabwe as " Anti Patriotic " ?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Time now to declare Black Cricketers from Zimbabwe as " Anti Patriotic " ?

Post by Stoneman Returns »

There is a huge reputation of cricketers from African Continent to migrate and pursue their cricket career in other nations. After 2003 Zimbabwe Cricket Racial Crisis many players from white community moved to UK, New Zealand and Australia and when situation improved players with talents and skills have oopted to move away and it has been in large numbers and therefore white Community players were regarded as " Anti Patriotic " with money top priority then playing for nations.

Even Black Community Players are now moving away to other nations playing in various clubs.Talents like Madhevere, Matigamu, Huchu are great examples.Players like Luke Jongwe, William Mashinge has given mmore importance to club cricket then domestic & international cricket.With Blessing Muzarabani now moving away and signing 3 year Kolpak Deal with Northamptonshire it can be declared now even black players are anti patriotic.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Re: Time now to declare Black Cricketers from Zimbabwe as " Anti Patriotic " ?

Post by TapsC »

This has never been any players fault. They only move away because the board isnt doing enough to convince them to stay. Whether its BT or Blessing. Its never their fault. That can only be ZC's fault.

Stoneman Returns

TapsC wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:21 am
This has never been any players fault. They only move away because the board isnt doing enough to convince them to stay. Whether its BT or Blessing. Its never their fault. That can only be ZC's fault.
Mass reaction has been declaring them as
" Anti Patriotic " giving importance to money more then country which they reflected towards white community players earlier.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I don’t agree with anything Stoneman has to say BUT I’m interested to see the reaction from Zimbabwe about this.

Jarvis and BT were called traitors and snakes by a lot of fans when they left, and many fans have been critical of the guys who striked recently, but so far I’ve only seen positive messages for Blessing.

Personally I always back the players and don’t blame them for leaving, Harare is the 6th most ‘un-liveable’ City in the world and the country as a whole is a mess. Don’t get me started on ZC either !!!!! You can’t blame guys for wanting to leave.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

It’s ZC board which is anti-patriotic.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Stoneman Returns

Taylor & Jarvis was criticized in a worse way. Muzarabani's case has been taken in a positive way, claiming that he will return after 3 years as a developed bowler, but what will be the position of Zimbabwe Cricket after 3 years.?. At present situation their existance is in threat as more players could be expected to leave.

Unless ICC or Zim government bans ZC, changes can't be expected

Googly

Post by Googly »

Blessing is a young guy with limited experience and it will be very interesting and surprising to see who persuaded him to make the move. He’d have had to ignore some fairly persuasive arguments to stay.
Mukhulani having a crack at Taibu proves he’s learnt nothing and the fact that he’s started making comments is a bit ominous as we’re all expecting a change fairly soon.
He’s not a proven star and I very much doubt whether he’s being offered much and the fact that ZC aren’t prepared to at least match it is proof of their inability to grasp what’s required.
ICC will not take this news well. When you have such a limited pool and one of the key guys opts out it sends a big message.
Blessing will require some serious winter conditioning to withstand a County season, I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get injured.
Also he’s obviously a bit of a hit the deck type of bowler and he’s going to need to make some serious adjustments or he’s not going to have a good time of it.
I rate Muzarabani but my predication is that he’s going to have limited success in England.
Unless this Board is removed right now we’re done. There are going to be more delays to FC, more late and non payments to players, no club cricket and the same old bullshit under this noxious regime, we’re in freefall.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I was thinking the same thing about injuries. His body structure suggests the he might have a lot of injuries in his career. Especially if he gets faster which is what they will probably try to get him to do. He hasnt had one yet but he didnt even play for a year.

ZC is a fairly comfortable place for athletes. That county season is tough. He has only played 31 recognized games. His determination is going to be critical here. I think anybody in his position would have taken the deal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He should have made a stand with the Famous Five and then taken the deal.
They run seamers into the ground there. All the counties have spare quality seamers and he’d have been a cheap and good option.
I’m still somewhat amazed that this has happened.
ZC’s first move under judicial ICC management has been to lose their best bowling prospect. :lol: :lol:
And the players still think these thieves have their interests at heart? It’s not too late to sit down until they’re ushered the door.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Let’s face it, if they can’t bullshit a young and impressionable Muzarabani they’re not going to con anyone.
The new austerity measures clearly don’t leave much room for thievery so they’re praying the national boys will play for pride and the FC boys will play for free :lol: