#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by matland »

Copy that thanks

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I guess BT's hands are tied anyway because he has a long term deal like he confirmed. After the disaster in Bulawayo they would never release him

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:30 am
I guess BT's hands are tied anyway because he has a long term deal like he confirmed. After the disaster in Bulawayo they would never release him

Interested to see where you stand on all this TapsC ? Who's side are you on, the players ( who striked ) or the board??

Would you rather Zimbabwe move on from the Big 5 or do you want them back?

Honest answer please, I promise not to judge :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:30 am

Interested to see where you stand on all this TapsC ? Who's side are you on, the players ( who striked ) or the board??

Would you rather Zimbabwe move on from the Big 5 or do you want them back?

Honest answer please, I promise not to judge :D
Dont know how I missed this. I support the players more than the board. In other words the board must go and that a non-negotiable for me. This however doesnt mean that I dont have issues with the players. Let me break it down.

I had issues about the strike as I felt it was more about them getting their money and not about a mircaulous change of governance which means they were ok with the world watching us getting hammered after we didnt make the world cup. They were ok with us the fans going through hell again (just 4 months after the unthinkable happened) even after the ICC had taken over our finances. This is why you never heard them say a word.

I am also still deeply affected by the UAE game and I have not forgiven them yet. Ervine especially. I will just never get over a seasoned batsman not taking responsibility to finish the biggest game of his life.It would have been better if he had died fighting. He knows it and thats why he said he couldnt touch a bat for weeks. I have also not forgiven the technical team who put him in that position knowing fully well he is not a finisher.

I understand they are human and they made mistakes but i'm also human and its difficult to get over what happened. It was also made worse by the strike for me. From my understanding they had received their salaries excluding match fees at Streaks request up to the qualifiers in March. Everybody else wasnt getting paid. Cremer was MIA until last week. He wanted his April May and June salary for sitting at home and doing nothing. He didnt play not even 1 domestic game.

My question if this strike wasnt about removing the board and the ICC had taken control of the money then who exactly was the strike hurting as we were getting smashed by Pakistan?

As for the board. I dont support them one bit. I only try prepare people for backlash. People should dig deeper and find out why Cremer isnt at the CPL. What I heard might be part of the backlash im always talking about.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Anyway back to the struggle

The same SRC we want to save us is drowning in debt because of the usual problems.

http://nehandaradio.com/2018/08/15/src-a-sinking-ship/

We are doomed. An organization in debt can easily be compromised

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.newsday.co.zw/

Read this nonsense. Selling vehicles to themselves for $100 :lol: supposedly rely on subs from all our successful sporting disciplines :lol:

You have to question why it was formed. I’ve had dealings with them in the past. They have to rubber stamp every national tour of any sport. I cannot see why it needs more than three people. I can’t work out what they all do on a day to day basis.

Another massively bloated government dept formed superficially to create employment, but in reality it’s just an opportunity to divert funds. You have to wonder why it was created in the first place, everything was tickety boo long before they can along.
Full of incompetent, light fingered people with zero background, knowledge or interest in sport.

I stand to be corrected but I don’t think there is one, not a single gov dept in the country that works or is well run.
Every single one has a history of gross mismanagement and theft.
Everyone knows this is unsustainable, yet we plough on regardless. We need the Chinese system where they execute corrupt bureaucrats. You only gotta shoot one :lol:
It’s never going to end until they start dishing out serious jail time to their own shamwaris. As the money comes in it evaporates within days, it’s a shameful situation. Our country has no hope.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.google.co.zw/amp/s/263chat. ... -zimbabwe/

Why do they keep on hiring these South Africans? You now have the Titans CEO assisting them. There must be a reason why

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

a major shake up looming.. would be interesting to see who gets left out of the central contracts list

https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2018/0 ... obs-to-go/

ZIMBABWE Cricket (ZC) will get rid of about half of its staff complement in its latest staff rationalisation in a bid to reduce a crippling wage bill that had become unsustainable for the financially struggling institution.

Kevin Mapasure

In recent years ZC has been relying mostly on International Cricket Council (ICC) funding without any sponsors pouring in monetary support and has struggled to fund its operations including players’ salaries and allowances.

Recently, some of the key players declined to take part in national team commitments due to unpaid salaries and allowances and Zimbabwe had to put up a makeshift squad for both their T-20 tri series against Australia and Pakistan as well as for the five-match One-Day International (ODI) series against the latter.

In view of the financial problems faced by the Tavengwa Mukuhlani-led body as well as a debt which is around US$20 million, the ICC has directed the ZC to cut its wage bill among other measures to help Zimbabwe solve its problems.

The staff rationalisation is expected to affect players as ZC is reducing the number on national contracts from 24 to 19. Players are expected to be offered new contracts before returning to training on Monday as they prepare for their tour to South Africa.

Mukuhlani yesterday confirmed that players would be affected, but said ZC is committed to rewarding deserving players.

“We had to do the exercise because our wage bill had become unsustainable. It’s unfortunate that some people will lose their jobs, but it’s the only way we can keep the game afloat at the moment,” he said. “In a way the players will be affected but the reduction in the number of nationally contracted players is much to do with performance. We can’t just dish out contracts, we have looked at the players and we want to give only those that we feel deserve. Some of these guys have just been earning, but without the end product that goes with what they were getting.”

It will be interesting to see which players will miss out on contracts this time around, but the ICC wants ZC to prioritise the players’ remuneration.

IndependentSport understands that on the women’s side, ZC will reduce the contracted players from 18 last season to just eight.

More than 100 employees will lose their jobs at ZC around the country.

ZC had a staff complement of around 300 but just about 180 of those will remain with the organisation going forward.

It is not clear which sectors are mainly affected but some of the ground staff will be cut loose as well as some administrative staff.

ZC embarked on a similar exercise a few years back which also included the cutting of salaries for those that were fortunate enough to keep their jobs.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The ZC staff contingent was as high as 700 at one point, I believe, then it was cut to 300 and now apparently 180.
Does this figure include players?
Even if it does and you consider there are 4 franchises with 20 guys ea including players and staff and then 19 centrally contracted national players that still leaves 80 admin, development coaches and ground staff. That still seems like a helluva lot. If this figure is not inclusive of players then I just don’t know.
Jimmylesaint should be able to shed light on this?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://bulawayo24.com/news/national/144556

How on earth do we owe a car sales company 2.5 million dollars? Thats just ridiculous. This acknowledgement of debt was signed by Manase though. Not Mukuhlani. Something really shady happened there.

People have apparently been arrested at the SRC too. Crazy. Problem is the SRC picked a fight with the football head. He plays dirty. Far worse than Mukuhlani and co. We can consider the SRC finished and powerless for now.