Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Post by kudet »

it would have been interesting for chawaz and co to do like what other selectors for member countries do- to explain their selections, the criteria they used and why they think certain players are better suited for certain conditions. but i guess zc have this attitude of not owing anyone any explanation

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

kudet wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm
it would have been interesting for chawaz and co to do like what other selectors for member countries do- to explain their selections, the criteria they used and why they think certain players are better suited for certain conditions. but i guess zc have this attitude of not owing anyone any explanation
Injury to someone will bring Raza into the mix

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Just noticed the SA series is being shown on skysports here in the uk.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

So ZIM will be missing their 2 best spinners (Cremer and Raza) and their 2nd best batsman (Raza). This is disappointing stuff.

On the other hand, this well allow guys like Mavuta and maybe a young batsman like Tari or Burl to really make a name for themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:58 am
Interesting to see that they actually picked 4 different squads. Chisoro looks to have missed out as well. I feel for Prince as well. Looks like Cremer wont even play the test matches. Quiet year for him
Zimbabwe will have five changes between their ODI and T20I squads in South Africa. Ervine, Kamunhukamwe, Tiripano, Murray and Richard Ngarava who are in the ODI squad, will sit out of the T20Is, making way for Musakanda, Chamu Chibhabha, Christopher Mpofu, Chisoro and Neville Madziva. Mpofu and Chibhabha were only considered for the T20Is in South Africa and will not travel to Bangladesh.

Legspinner Brandon Mavuta, who played one T20I for Zimbabwe in the recent tri-series, was named in the all four squads. Left-arm seamer Ngarava, who has played eight ODIs, is in line for a Test debut

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

#BANvZIM - @ZimCricketv Test Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Brian Chari, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, PJ Moor, Regis Chakabva, Donald Tiripano, Kyle Jarvis, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, John Nyumbu, Wellington Masakadza, Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara
For the test
The fight is between
Chari vs Chakabva
Nyumbu vs Welly
Burl vs PJ Moor

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

South Africa Squad Against Zimbabwe

ODI squad: Faf du Plessis (C), Hashim Amla, JP Duminy, Reeza Hendricks, Imran Tahir, Christiaan Jonker, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Lungisani Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Khaya Zondo

T20I squad: Faf du Plessis (C), Gihahn Cloete, Junior Dala, Quinton de Kock, JP Duminy, Robbie Frylinck, Imran Tahir, Christiaan Jonker, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Lungisani Ngidi, Dane Paterson, Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Strong squads they’re not fucking around
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

kudet

Post by kudet »

when you look at that proteas squad, you will see that they are taking this seriously and this is a chance for the likes of markram, klaasen and miller who had a poor outing to stake a claim for the 2019 world cup.. one thing for sure is we are going to get a thorough beating and minus raza and cremer.. its going to be a tough and an embarrassing outing for the chevs

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I think the boys should look at this tour as a good chance to make a name for themselves and take advantage of being in the spotlight for once. Nobody apart from us fans really care when they’re playing a 5 ODI series in Bulawayo against Afghanistan, but playing against South Africa there the world will be watching.

The batsman especially should enjoy good batting conditions, granted the proteas have a fierce seam attack, but the pitches should be flat and have pace. Perfect for batting.

I fear for our bowling without Cremer, Raza & Blessing.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement