Morkel signs for Surrey

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Morkel signs for Surrey

Post by eugene »

I thought it was only so many players of colour with two as black africans. I don't think there is an Asian quota.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Morkel was a great bowler but I wonder if he will be remembered as someone who never quite kicked on. He didn't seem to be a match winner game in game out. Too bad Zimbabwe couldn't recruit him and slot him into the lineup.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

MichaelVoR
Supports: Mountaineers

Morkel signs for Surrey

Post by MichaelVoR »

Does anyone know how Surrey TV works? I want to watch the highlights of yesterdays game but cant seem to get the media player to do anything.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:49 pm
I thought it was only so many players of colour with two as black africans. I don't think there is an Asian quota.
You look at every side south Africa put out, you have two blacks, two Asians and a handful of whites.

When ever Maharaj is not picked, Shamsi comes in. Shaun Von Berg had far superior FC stats going into that test series, but they chose Shamsi to get their quota percentage of Asian players up.

You then have Bavuma and Rabada as the black cricketers and Philander as the coloured. I guess they included another Asian heriatged player to make up the other coloured cricketer. I dunno, but all this chat of skin colour is wrong. You pick the best possible side.

Wiaan Mulder should be in every single South African line up. The kid bowls rockets and bats like a monster. I'm telling you he's the next best thing in South African Cricket. Markhram is the future skipper in years to come.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm
eugene wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:49 pm
You look at every side south Africa put out, you have two blacks, two Asians and a handful of whites.

When ever Maharaj is not picked, Shamsi comes in. Shaun Von Berg had far superior FC stats going into that test series, but they chose Shamsi to get their quota percentage of Asian players up.

You then have Bavuma and Rabada as the black cricketers and Philander as the coloured. I guess they included another Asian heriatged player to make up the other coloured cricketer. I dunno, but all this chat of skin colour is wrong. You pick the best possible side.

Wiaan Mulder should be in every single South African line up. The kid bowls rockets and bats like a monster. I'm telling you he's the next best thing in South African Cricket. Markhram is the future skipper in years to come.
Watch out for Rassie Van Der Dussen.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica ... 37790.html