Are Bangladesh arrogant

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Are Bangladesh arrogant

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 am
Zim are in a perpetual state of depletion.
Zims only saving grace is the class of 2006 has hung around.

put out your best side of under 30s and its ugly.
Yea there isn't another generation of players to choose from. Unless we go down the overseas route and try to entice the likes of Welch, Byrom, King, Evans etc

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Yea there isn't another generation of players to choose from. Unless we go down the overseas route and try to entice the likes of Welch, Byrom, King, Evans etc
It's a worry. We really do need to find a 20-22yo batsman who can just come into the Test team and average 25+.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:01 am
sloandog wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

It's a worry. We really do need to find a 20-22yo batsman who can just come into the Test team and average 25+.
We have one avergaing forty fucking four in this squad! Yet we persist with Chari

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

its the only way in my mind.

BUT, there would need to be a stipulation that they at least compete i nthe Logan cup when they can.

None of this FIFO BS.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 am

Hmm they haven't passed 200 all year and just lost to Zimbabwe so I'm not sure about this one
If they get back to their form of the preceding 2 years they can. They went 1-1 with Australia with Smith, Warner, and a rampant Lyon.

Mediocre ? I think that's harsh on Pakistan they're a very good all round Test side who have beaten England and the Windies abroad recently something Bangladesh wouldn't be able to do at the moment
Fair enough. I just think PAK is vastly overrated on this forum.

No side apart from maybe the Windies is as 'depleted' as Zimbabwe, yes ok Shakib & Tamin were out and they're great players not doubt, but Zimbabwe was missing Cremer through injury plus a host of other players who aren't available for selection so lets not go down that path.
Who's missing apart from Cremer? Ballance has been here and wasn't effective in these conditions. I don't think De Grandhomme's style would be suited on these pitches either. The only possible exception might be Sam Curran if he can keep swinging the SG ball in Bangladesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:29 pm

If they get back to their form of the preceding 2 years they can. They went 1-1 with Australia with Smith, Warner, and a rampant Lyon.

The rampant Lyon is still there, and Australia recently drew a Test with Pakistan in Asia, anyways on recent form Bangladesh wouldn’t be ‘trouncing anybody right now’ which is what you said.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Who's missing apart from Cremer? Ballance has been here and wasn't effective in these conditions. I don't think De Grandhomme's style would be suited on these pitches either. The only possible exception might be Sam Curran if he can keep swinging the SG ball in Bangladesh.
Ballance & DeGrandhomme would walk into this side, also looking at Chari both Byrom & Welch would be massive upgrades.

Granted Shakib & Tamim would/could have made the difference but complaining to Zimbabwe about not having all your players is like the rich man complaining to poor man about the price of milk lol
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jayb

Post by Jayb »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:18 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

The rampant Lyon is still there, and Australia recently drew a Test with Pakistan in Asia, anyways on recent form Bangladesh wouldn’t be ‘trouncing anybody right now’ which is what you said.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Ballance & DeGrandhomme would walk into this side, also looking at Chari both Byrom & Welch would be massive upgrades.

Granted Shakib & Tamim would/could have made the difference but complaining to Zimbabwe about not having all your players is like the rich man complaining to poor man about the price of milk lol
Agreed, add Muzarabani into that mix as well.

Enjoy your opinions jaybro, you're generally on the money.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:18 am

I'm referring to Bangladesh overall, not on recent form. I'm talking about a fully fit Bangladesh performing at or near the best of their abilities, on corresponding pitches. Under those specific parameters, I would predict Bangladesh would win around 40-60% of Tests played in Bangladesh on turning pitches against England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies and New Zealand. This is less prediction and more historical, because a large part of this has already occurred.

Against India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka we'd draw about half of the Tests on dead flat tracks. Parts of this have also happened, indicating that if Bangladesh improves at the rate they have in the past 4-5 years, they should be looking to draw the bulk of home Tests vs Asian sides.

We would get trounced overseas, with the possible exception of vs Pakistan in the UAE. Based on the Wellington and Hyderabad close-call Tests in 2017, I would expect us to draw about 15% of away Tests if the wickets are roads, and get soundly beaten in the remaining 85%.
Kriterion_BD wrote:

[/quote]

Touche. But Ballance would walk into the side, but based in his 2 Test sample with England, he is not guaranteed to score many runs. Can't say definitively about De Grandhomme without having seen him Asian tests, but I think his muscular style wouldn't be suited on a turning deck nor would his medium pace work on swining conditions.

Sam Curran does have the batting skills to succeed, especially in the lower order position where is likely to bat. His bowling though is based on generating swing, and as we've seen the ball swings for a maximum of 2-3 overs in Bangladesh.

Welch and Byrom I'm going to wait till they play at some international level for England Lions or Zimbabwe (if they come back as per the rumors I'm hearing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

PSR

Post by PSR »

Dude..there could be like 10-20 world class players who could not go on further due to the repurcussions of the politics..

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jayb wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:13 am

Agreed, add Muzarabani into that mix as well.

Enjoy your opinions jaybro, you're generally on the money.
Thanks Jayb 🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement