[Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Post by TapsC »

Mavuta is not an allrounder. He might think he is but he isnt. I knew Bangladesh would be the real test for him. He still has a long way to go

Googly

Post by Googly »

He should be nowhere near a Zimbabwe shirt. That was disgraceful.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, some needless running and poor shot selection there. Still it is a drawn series though, Zimbabwe will take heart from that.

The next assignment is after a bit of a break, scheduled for March against India. We are likely to.push the IPL ahead by a week to help players prepare for the WC, which means that Zimbabwe series should happen early march.

It will be quite a crunched schedule I guess, we are hosting Aus for 5 ODIs and 2 T20s followed by Zim for a test and 3 ODIs, all in a space of some 40 days.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 am
BT is not the best gloveman, Murray is.
You might be right but I haven't seen enough if Murray to say that with confidence plus he isn't available for selection atm. From reports Mayavo from the Rhinos has the best pair of hands behind the stumps but obviously not as good a batsman.
Conant wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 am

One swallow does not a summer make but just as I have already been vindicated on Chari in two short innings, and so I will be proved right about Chakabva because I don't view players with biased lances.
You keep saying 'One swallow doesn't make a summer' but the facts are Regis has missed multiple chances of the spinners in the Sri Lanka Test, the Windies series and now the Bangladesh tour, for a side like Zimbabwe who need to make every chance count they can't afford their keeper to miss so many chances.

Are you accusing me of being biased??
Conant wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 am

Murray is the only wicket keeper better than Chakabva, not Taylor. And no, nobody has answered this question still: Why bother with Chakabva if you can just hand the gloves over to Taylor? Somebody said workload. :lol:

Tell me Conant how many Top 4 batsman keep wicket in Test cricket ???? Please tell me??? The answer is none because you don't want your premier batsman having to spend 150 overs crouching then trying to bat for 3 hours.

Rahim, ABDV, Andy Flower, McCullum, Sanga and even Taibu have all either given up the gloves or moved down the order at some point as they try to juggle both responsibilities. They obviously want to keep BT in the top 4 so Regis is the next best 'keeper batsman'.

:D :D :lol: Surrend

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Great batting BT, the mistakes and the loss take the shine off it but he did what nobody else could do

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 am

:D :D :lol: Surrend
Why would I ? Im right lol

You just keep saying the swallow summer thing lol
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 am
Great batting BT, the mistakes and the loss take the shine off it but he did what nobody else could do
Hard to be too critical of the guy he scored two hundreds

But yes his shot in the first innings so close to stumps and the run-out were awful

In the end I think the boys did ok considering they lost the toss, lost Chatara and all their spinners had shockers.

From what Mehlui Sibanda said on twitter the India series will be hosted by Zimbabwe now and will likely be just ODI's

The Afghanistan series has been deferred to 2020

He also said Zimbabwe won't host any series which will cost them money so there is a good chance the Windies tour will be also be deferred or shortened

2019 looks to be a very quiet year for Zimbabwe

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Disappointed at how this ended. At least we can finally put some points on the rankings table. That was becoming embarrasing.

Hope the boys get a week off and then straight to the domestic competition. They must remember that this is a fulltime job. A lot of them didnt play any cricket from April to September. There is no excuse to not play for your franchize. Since ZC controls everything I would have made sure that there are attendance clauses for things like franchize and even club cricket. This habit of skipping domestic matches must end. This is why they always look undercooked at the beginning of every series.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Minister Coventry needs to get hold of Hamilton to pass on her congratulations to BT for his back to back hundreds, unofficially of course! :lol:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am
Disappointed at how this ended. At least we can finally put some points on the rankings table. That was becoming embarrasing.

Hope the boys get a week off and then straight to the domestic competition. They must remember that this is a fulltime job. A lot of them didnt play any cricket from April to September. There is no excuse to not play for your franchize. Since ZC controls everything I would have made sure that there are attendance clauses for things like franchize and even club cricket. This habit of skipping domestic matches must end. This is why they always look undercooked at the beginning of every series.
Yes I agree with all of that

This has the potential to be the best domestic season for while