Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sloandog »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:55 am
Quite disastrous. Zimbabwe do not have much to look forward to next year then? Why are the Afghans not playing next year? They don't have much cricket scheduled either.
It's all about the big three, bud. The rest are just here for supplementing

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:09 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:55 am
Quite disastrous. Zimbabwe do not have much to look forward to next year then? Why are the Afghans not playing next year? They don't have much cricket scheduled either.
It's all about the big three, bud. The rest are just here for supplementing
The big 3 playing each other zillion times just makes me sick. I'm sure India won't tour Zim in march because the schedule for 5 ODIs and 2 T20s against Australia is released (again after all those games in Aus, they will play again in India) and it is in Feb-Mar and the IPL is advanced by a week.

I think India have committed to 3 odis and 1 test against Zim in FTP, so may be they will push the series to winter season or may be September...

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yea it's not good. They should just use the Zimbabwe tours as a chance for the younger lads to gain some experience, while senior players can take a break. Win win really.
England are the worst, though. 14 years without a tour on either side, pathetic

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:12 am
Yea it's not good. They should just use the Zimbabwe tours as a chance for the younger lads to gain some experience, while senior players can take a break. Win win really.
England are the worst, though. 14 years without a tour on either side, pathetic
Yeh still using the “politics “ excuse , complete lack of care for the smaller nations or the growth of the game by the big 3. Over it , just want to watch more teams play . It’s honestly killing cricket . Some of the best games are when you see the likes of Ireland , zim ect beat a top 5 team . How can you call a World Cup with only 10 teams playing in it . I miss being a little boy and reading cricket magazines and reading up on all the up and coming cricketers from random places in the world ( how I got my love for zim ) now it’s just ashes after ashes , sa vs India . Pretty much the same shiieettt , gets so boring .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This is where I like Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, mid table teams but they never shy away from playing teams outside of top 8.

Anyways I hope ZC will plan out some games soon, pretty sure it won't be as bad as it looks now.. being an Indian myslef but I hate the way BCCI works, money is all the Big 3 can think of, they don't give anything back to the game. I absolutely loved it when Scotland thrashed England earlier in the year, they deserve some more such humiliation.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Has anybody noticed that the crowds for the current Australia summer have been awful? The stadiums and grounds in general are all virtually half full. In years gone by these games were absolutely packed!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

If I remember correctly, all bilateral T20s are internationals from Jan 1st, 2019? We must get Kenya, Namibia and Uganda over and play a 3 match T20I series each against them. We badly need T20 game time. All of it can be done within a month. 9 to 10 T20Is to look forward to if this is done! Don't think this should cost much as well. May be get Botswana as well for 3 matches...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Has anybody noticed that the crowds for the current Australia summer have been awful? The stadiums and grounds in general are all virtually half full. In years gone by these games were absolutely packed!
Yeah, atrocious.

TV ratings have been awful too, as CA sold out and put the limited overs stuff on pay TV. One dayers have basically dropped from a guaranteed 1,000,000 to barely 200,000.
They also moved Test cricket from Channel 9 (the free to air channel which has broadcast cricket since the Packer days) to Channel 7 - it remains to be seen how that will go, but I expect it will be a failure.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 pm
Yeah, atrocious.
Why are the crowds dwindling so badly? I'm falling out of love with watching the Australian summer of cricket on TV, during the English winter.
Since the passing of Tony Greig, the retirement of Bill Lawry and players who epitomized the gritty Aussie team, it doesn't have the attraction it once had. I don't like the look of this Aussie side at all.

Short is not an opener, Lynn is hot anf cold, like Maxwell, Stionis I rate but Carey and Head are average. The sooner Smith and Warner return to this side the better. They need to find the next Michael Clarke or Steve Smith, the next Aussie sensation who can be the poster boy of Aussie Cricket; they're clearly losing the interest of the general public.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:03 pm
If I remember correctly, all bilateral T20s are internationals from Jan 1st, 2019? We must get Kenya, Namibia and Uganda over and play a 3 match T20I series each against them. We badly need T20 game time. All of it can be done within a month. 9 to 10 T20Is to look forward to if this is done! Don't think this should cost much as well. May be get Botswana as well for 3 matches...
What's the point of playing such low ranked teams? Zimbabwe would do well to play against the likes of Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland, even Afghans.

By the way, I think I read on cricinfo, that one off march test against India is probably still on, at least in one of the articles it says so.