Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Googly »

The latest budget announcement is going to further add to our woes. The already prohibitive cost of living is about to double after the announcement that most duties are to be paid in forex. You can’t access forex but you have to pay duties using it. Finding it on the black market it’s currently around x4 but that now carries a 10 year jail sentence :lol:
There will always be a black market and it’s defintiely not at par like government claim. An item with 25% duty would now effectively be 100%. It’s supposed to encourage local industry, but unfortunately we don’t have raw materials so those also have to be imported.
I just don’t see how this is going to work, and neither do many others, except the ZANU sycophants who would cheer anything.
Corporate buy-in to cricket is less likely. Cricketer’s salaries will now buy a lot less.
It looks like the rains have arrived, which is much needed for everything except cricket.
Ministry of sport has been allocated 53m. Whether they get that or not remains to be seen, and how much of that filters to cricket is anyone’s guess. I suppose someone will get their mitts on some of it for more wasted grass roots projects?
I see our very own Langton Rusere is umpiring the Wonen’s final. Well done!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:23 am
:) The real dream for me is to watch Hamilton Masakadza score a regal day 1 hundred at Lords, a Sean Williams masterclass day 3 century at the MCG and a rearguard match saving day 5 ton by Brendan Taylor at Wankhede...
👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Guys one more thing is that Zimbabwe didn't do themselves any good by playing second string teams against Pakistan and Australia at home. The players should have looked at the bigger picture. We saw a full strength team can be competitive but seriously do you think Pakistan, Australia or the world of cricket would want to waste time playing a second string Zimbabwe team?

It doesn't do any good to the touring teams when you never know which zimbabwe team would play against you... Why would anyone want to commit to ZIM cricket in such a scenario? No matter what the issues were players should have at least respeceted the touring teams, a competitive series, a couple of wins over Pakistan and more teams would have been showing interest in playing Zimbabwe.

Anyways, whats done is done. I hope such things don't repeat again.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:35 am
Guys one more thing is that Zimbabwe didn't do themselves any good by playing second string teams against Pakistan and Australia at home. The players should have looked at the bigger picture. We saw a full strength team can be competitive but seriously do you think Pakistan, Australia or the world of cricket would want to waste time playing a second string Zimbabwe team?

It doesn't do any good to the touring teams when you never know which zimbabwe team would play against you... Why would anyone want to commit to ZIM cricket in such a scenario? No matter what the issues were players should have at least respeceted the touring teams, a competitive series, a couple of wins over Pakistan and more teams would have been showing interest in playing Zimbabwe.

The bigger issue was having Australia tour and only getting them to play 5 t20 matches !!!! The board always carry on about that they only make profit when Australia or India tour, but when they get the chance to host them it’s a short nothing tour.

Of course CA wouldn’t have wanted to play many matches but it’s the responsibility of the administration to get the most out of them.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 am
sam_ahm wrote:

The bigger issue was having Australia tour and only getting them to play 5 t20 matches !!!! The board always carry on about that they only make profit when Australia or India tour, but when they get the chance to host them it’s a short nothing tour.

Of course CA wouldn’t have wanted to play many matches but it’s the responsibility of the administration to get the most out of them.
How though? Zim has nothing to offer and if the team is not performing, Australia and India will just come here out of tokenism and play minimum games with B teams.

Making the World Cup would have been a start.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:24 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 am
sam_ahm wrote:

How though? Zim has nothing to offer and if the team is not performing, Australia and India will just come here out of tokenism and play minimum games with B teams.

Making the World Cup would have been a start.
Although the FTP has never been set in concreate the whole idea was always that each team would tour every 4 years, in recent times this has obviously become less true, but the fact Australia were touring the administration should have gotten more out of them. I can’t see why Australia couldn’t have at least played 3 ODIs whilst they were here it’s not like they had any cricket to play after the tour.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Australia like India are one of the only teams that you can guarantee that ZC will be able to sell their matches too, fox sports telecast every match Australia plays.

Fox now has a 24hr dedication cricket channel ! I reckon if they tried they could even sell non Australian games to them for the right price. This last year fox has telecasted so much cricket even the Ireland v Afghanistan series & the Ireland v Pakistan Test was shown on fox.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Bangladesh should tour Zimbabwe for 1-2 Tests and offer to pay their expenses if need be. We can’t expect to play 4 spinners in places like Ireland or New Zealand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm not sure but it looks like the IPL may not be advanced so they may stick to March 29th and Zimbabwe will tour India for a short 3 match T20I series. Not confirmed though.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:26 pm
I'm not sure but it looks like the IPL may not be advanced so they may stick to March 29th and Zimbabwe will tour India for a short 3 match T20I series. Not confirmed though.
It’s already confirmed India will tour Zimbabwe now for limited overs fixtures only, as a favour to ZC who will profit from the short tour.