Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:36 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am

Complaining ? The cost of living has gone up and the game is at a all time low in attendance for crowds and playing ! Make people pay to watch cricket when it was on free to air for everyone to enjoy is a great way to encourage new people from
All backgrounds to get a love for the game. Sorry mate but you are off your head if you think this is complaining. Epl I understand as it’s not even our league or played in our country . Cricket is our national sport and everyone should be able to watch it.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with the whole argument and the complaints. Cricket should be on FTA without a doubt. The point you're making is what I mean by the government has allowed this. They have not regulated foxtel in any way. Why do foxtel charge for HD? That should be a standard. Why do they also continue to raise their prices without justification. I was paying $97 at one point for basic with sport. I'm just glad I found a new deal.

What I mean by the complaining is that the news it was going to FOX was announced months ago. Nothing was said then. Australian fans would watch at stadiums if it was not one of the sub continent teams. South Africa are a middle ground, and probably a little too early in the summer, very hushed and rush series too. This series is mostly going to be Indian fans. Aussie fans will save their money for the big bash.

EPL has a huge following in Australia, and the idea that it's not played in this country makes it irrelevant is a weak argument. It's why fans complained when Optus won the rights (although I much prefer Optus) Then they complained with the SBS/Optus world cup debacle. Then they complained over this. I think sport should be accessible to all, particularly the national team, however, I don't think not having it on FTA is to blame for poor crowd attendances.
I get what you are saying and glad we share the same thoughts on the viewing of the cricket . In regards to the epl , I feel it’s common sense for a sport that is not in the top 2 favourite in our country or a league that is not even our home league to be on a subscription channel. Do not get me wrong I am a massive Newcastle united supporter and love the game , I’ve even lived in Newcastle for 6 months so I understand what you are saying . But at no point is football relevant to what cricaus is doing to the public of Australia right now. The public is so far disconnected to the team and board than it ever has been and hence the reason big bash is becoming the biggest cricket in this country. This is why the game in its purest forms is a dead man walking and is being stolen by the brainwashing of baseball cricket . I love twenty20 for a bit of entertainment and it’s still cricket you get to watch ( sort of ) . Cricaus are making the bucks now but fast forward 10-15 years when aus are going to England / South Africa / India and are being thumped and the games over by day 3 , the board is going to realise it’s to late . All this shit with the bash brothers at Brisbane heat , getting scorched at the fernus by the scorchers and Chris green opening the bowling with right arm slow that isn’t even off spin (commentators praising the shit out of him ) is not cricket . It infuriates me because they have the power to save our great game that Richie Benaud , tony Greg ect worked so hard to protect , its slipping year by year. The only way to save it is with the next gen , this is why we need free viewing for everyone . Having a bbq at a family gathering , playing back yard cricket with the cricket on the tv inside blaring , after bowling your brother out then running inside to check the score was the way I grew up and no kid should be robbed of a part of Australian sporting culture . We are not Americans , we are not English and we are not South Africans. It’s what should be the standard , big bash fair enough pay for it as it’s a private league . But when your nation is on tv in any sport the public should be able to support and watch their team no matter what .
If you don’t uphold your culture (in this example a sporting one) then it will fade away or weaken. I agree with you.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:13 pm
Btw cricaus had some review and found that Australia has a ‘win at all costs’ mentality they are trying to change.
That will fick us ip further If you take the competitive edge away, you’ll just breed that leftist self hate mentality you see elsewhere in society. All they had to do was say ‘hard but fair’ and ‘don’t cheat’ and problem solved.
Could not agree with you more man , it’s sad seeing what’s happening to cricket . People are so scared to be what they actually are it seems these days . Maybe we are the older generation and we are witnessing this “soft , can’t upset anyone’s feelings, everyone’s a winner” generation . I really hate what’s happening , I can see what’s going to happen . Such a huge succesful sporting nation is being pissed away for a easy buck. Great views !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Can Australia win without cheating?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Btw cricaus had some review and found that Australia has a ‘win at all costs’ mentality they are trying to change.
That will fick us ip further If you take the competitive edge away, you’ll just breed that leftist self hate mentality you see elsewhere in society. All they had to do was say ‘hard but fair’ and ‘don’t cheat’ and problem solved.
The progress Western civ has made is due purely to the presence of “leftists” going all the way back to Galileo’s beef with the alt righters of his day. ‘‘Twas the leftists who learned about the discoveries made by the Greeks Romans, Chinese and Indians cuz the Muslims, unhindered by colonialism, had preserved it. Americans were drowning each other to see who had magic powers in 1650 whereas those backward Arabs and Persians had already published European surgical texts by about 1300.

The importance of being woke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
The progress Western civ has made is due purely to the presence of “leftists” going all the way back to Galileo’s beef with the alt righters of his day. ‘‘Twas the leftists who learned about the discoveries made by the Greeks Romans, Chinese and Indians cuz the Muslims, unhindered by colonialism, had preserved it. Americans were drowning each other to see who had magic powers in 1650 whereas those backward Arabs and Persians had already published European surgical texts by about 1300.

It would probably be entirely flattering to attribute 95% of today’s achievements to the “right”. These folks still believe the earth is 6000 odd years old regardless of the original text’s meanings.

The importance of being woke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am

I get what you are saying and glad we share the same thoughts on the viewing of the cricket . In regards to the epl , I feel it’s common sense for a sport that is not in the top 2 favourite in our country or a league that is not even our home league to be on a subscription channel. Do not get me wrong I am a massive Newcastle united supporter and love the game , I’ve even lived in Newcastle for 6 months so I understand what you are saying . But at no point is football relevant to what cricaus is doing to the public of Australia right now. The public is so far disconnected to the team and board than it ever has been and hence the reason big bash is becoming the biggest cricket in this country. This is why the game in its purest forms is a dead man walking and is being stolen by the brainwashing of baseball cricket . I love twenty20 for a bit of entertainment and it’s still cricket you get to watch ( sort of ) . Cricaus are making the bucks now but fast forward 10-15 years when aus are going to England / South Africa / India and are being thumped and the games over by day 3 , the board is going to realise it’s to late . All this shit with the bash brothers at Brisbane heat , getting scorched at the fernus by the scorchers and Chris green opening the bowling with right arm slow that isn’t even off spin (commentators praising the shit out of him ) is not cricket . It infuriates me because they have the power to save our great game that Richie Benaud , tony Greg ect worked so hard to protect , its slipping year by year. The only way to save it is with the next gen , this is why we need free viewing for everyone . Having a bbq at a family gathering , playing back yard cricket with the cricket on the tv inside blaring , after bowling your brother out then running inside to check the score was the way I grew up and no kid should be robbed of a part of Australian sporting culture . We are not Americans , we are not English and we are not South Africans. It’s what should be the standard , big bash fair enough pay for it as it’s a private league . But when your nation is on tv in any sport the public should be able to support and watch their team no matter what .
I'm not saying it shouldn't be on FTA, I just think we live in a time where things have changed. Without doubt T20 is popular and catching on. Us purists can harp on all we want about test and ODI, but T20s get numbers for a reason. It is what the youth have grown up with. It is all they know. In this world on everything at your fingertips, T20 is quick and fast, that it appeals to a bigger audience. If you want to go to the game and ask some friends to come, you're more likely to get people to say yes if it is only for three hours as opposed to a whole day. It is just the nature of the way things are nowadays.

I grew up in Zim, and we had the same thing. Family braais (bbqs) and the game would be on the telly. Every now an again we would run in to check the score in between our own innings breaks in the backyard. The sad reality is that cricket in Aus does not have the following it once had. It is easier for families to take their kids to the big bash than for a whole day to a test match. When numbers are down at the ground, CA is going to make up for the money in some way, and pay tv is a way to do that.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

For me it's simple

Less viewers = Less people interested in the sport

More viewers = More people interested in the sport

Cricket is fighting a losing battle and I feel they've taken the easy option going to Pay TV

They'll regret it.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Everyone is not talking about the elephant in the room- and that’s T10.
ECB are making a monumental fuck up even entertaining the idea. I fervently hope it flops.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 am
Everyone is not talking about the elephant in the room- and that’s T10.
ECB are making a monumental fuck up even entertaining the idea. I fervently hope it flops.
I’ll never watch it
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

What about the 100 ball thing? Yes, England and Aus look like they are making every effort to kill the game's commercial angle unknowingly. Now, if only India follows suit and does some similar blunder that drives the extra money away from the game, we are back to level playing field monetarily, and like the late 90s all teams play each other without worrying about how much profit they can make...