Pro 50 2018/19: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Pro 50 2018/19: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by Black Mamba »

Kenya, UAE, Netherlands, Scotland, playing the game for long time as associates, there is a serious lack of intent in the management, otherwise they should have been a full member competative test side.

Its look amazing for team like Afghanistan, country unrest for terrorism, no venue for the game, surprised everyone with their ability, whereas others aren't serious about the game, despite having advantage of venues and academies

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 am
If we paid for it, sure. Nepal like most associates aren’t exactly flush with money. Even then, ZC would have expenses like match payments etc?
The interest in Nepal for cricket is MASSIVE! I'm sure their government would be more than willing to foot the bill for a historic series like this one.

If ZC can't even play the match fees, this is as dire as it can get of course. But we have had our guys playing without match fees for long periods anyway. How would another on-loan trip to Nepal be any different? This could also be a nice time to be visiting Nepal - winter at the Himalayan footsteps. We could also call it team-building + ODI series. Win-win :)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 am
Common issue with all Associates you would think, not sure about UAE though? surely they'd get a fair bit of government funding?

I hope to see the USA gain ODI status I'm sure they'd be ok for government funding and also they'd be able to market their side. It is nice to see nations like Nepal and PNG get ODI status but really what's the point if they can't afford to use it?
No way the US gov would fund cricket, more so in the Trump era where everything is being cut to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy. That being said, the US has just qualified for WCL Division 2, and I didn't think they would. Our best player is an American born Jamaican but I'm not sure how much Steven Taylor plays for the US given he has CPL contracts and stuff.

I think Nepal would be able to get gov funding, and cricket is actually a major sport in that country. Nepal has the potential to become the next Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Afghanistan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:47 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 am
Common issue with all Associates you would think, not sure about UAE though? surely they'd get a fair bit of government funding?

I hope to see the USA gain ODI status I'm sure they'd be ok for government funding and also they'd be able to market their side. It is nice to see nations like Nepal and PNG get ODI status but really what's the point if they can't afford to use it?
No way the US gov would fund cricket, more so in the Trump era where everything is being cut to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy. That being said, the US has just qualified for WCL Division 2, and I didn't think they would. Our best player is an American born Jamaican but I'm not sure how much Steven Taylor plays for the US given he has CPL contracts and stuff.

I think Nepal would be able to get gov funding, and cricket is actually a major sport in that country. Nepal has the potential to become the next Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Afghanistan.
I disagree

They would get some type of funding if they needed it
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Tuskers Mountaineers games off :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

In fairness it’s near Christmas so no one really wants to administer and they do save money if no games are played. I suspect that the money has run out and we won’t see much happening until the next tranche.
Creating state of the art chicken farms and abbatoirs costs money and cricket can wait.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This way, soon, a day may come where only the high profile academies might be playing any serious cricket in the country. How about these guys organizing a full season of all-format matches between themselves?

1. Campbell's Academy - in place of Eagles
2. Streak's Academy - in place of Tuskers
3. Mawoyo's Academy - in place of Mountaineers
4. Brent's Academy - in place of Rhinos
5. Taibu's Academy - in place of Rocks / Stars

Excellent fit :D

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

BREAKING NEWS !!!!! ZCF FAVOURITE SON DANIEL JAKIEL IS IN THE EAGLES 13 MAN SQUAD FOR THE MATCH V RHINOS !!!!

Googly

Post by Googly »

What team is Burl supposed to be playing for?
I haven’t seen his name so I’m assuming he’s got an issue with management or perhaps even a contractual issue with ZC? One of the few guys we have that I know can play at the higher level and he’s not even in the mix.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 am
What team is Burl supposed to be playing for?
I haven’t seen his name so I’m assuming he’s got an issue with management or perhaps even a contractual issue with ZC? One of the few guys we have that I know can play at the higher level and he’s not even in the mix.
Tuskers apparently