IPL auction hopes

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Nanctus

Re: IPL auction hopes

Post by Nanctus »

Raza an Taylor were both shortlisted for the auction, which means there was interest from at least one franchises for each of them. Whether or not this will progress to an actual bid is a different scenario, but it's a good sign at least.

Given that Taylor has put himself in what seems to be the lowest price-bracket, I think he could get picked up as coverage given his experience and (as you guys point out) availability. I think there is a lot of respect for Taylor in world cricket and, even if that comes from his ODI skills, that could go a long way in helping him get selected.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Sounds like a lot of players are pulling out of next years’ IPL due to the World Cup, so this might be why Raza & BT have gained some interest
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 am
Sounds like a lot of players are pulling out of next years’ IPL due to the World Cup, so this might be why Raza & BT have gained some interest
Really? Thats goood to hear. I know Fizz has been barred by the BCB for the IPL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

No bids for Raza :(

Googly

Post by Googly »

I just heard that Sam Curran went for a bomb!
I just watched Death of a Gentleman, thanks to whoever recommended that, but it left me with a real feeling of unease. Our friend Mr Chingoka was seen sliming his way around enriching himself, what a piece of work with a lot to answer for.

zimdis

Post by zimdis »

Really sad to see no bids for Raza & Taylor. With their base price set so low, I believed that some franchises will show interest in an all rounder who can bowl / bat / field tremendously well.
I believe if Zim cannot churn out cricketers like West Indies do , they will become even more unpopular in the coming decade.
Any thoughts ?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 pm
I just heard that Sam Curran went for a bomb!
I just watched Death of a Gentleman, thanks to whoever recommended that, but it left me with a real feeling of unease. Our friend Mr Chingoka was seen sliming his way around enriching himself, what a piece of work with a lot to answer for.
What's death of a gentleman

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Don't worry guys, as usual a lot of crap players have been selected, add to that unknown uncapped players have been sold for millions of ruppees.

I was hopeful atleast my home franchise Hyderabad will bid for Taylor because they needed a WKB but they've gone with Baristow, although Baristow won't be available for the full duration.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The one I’d want would be Cremer, and believe it or not, Waller.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog