[Match Thread] Pro50 & Logan Cup: Eagles v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread] Pro50 & Logan Cup: Eagles v Mountaineers

Post by Jemisi »

Who said our hopes were dead. Lovely action.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Quite dramatic script for sure, and If you want to refine it further and deTaylorize it a bit, time to take a look at the Indian movie that made it into the nominees of the best foreign film Oscar in 2001: Lagaan.
A classic! We need some of those dance scenes too, and an unlikely hero, like Chatara running away towards the square leg umpire and Johnson following him and sending down the widest byes in history.

I wonder who's the best dancer in the the team with Ray Price retired and Bobby knackered?

If you want a cheesy ending, you need a black-and-white combo in at the end, jubilation on the streets of Harare, the sudden outbreak of democracy, prosperity and peace, with Henry Olonga singing away in the background.

But when I heard the title "The last Rhodesian" the first things that came to mind were Chuck Norris, a lot of explosives and a cricket pavillion. ;)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 pm
Too much Taylor in that Vermeulen movie brmtaylor.com admin :)

Freeman playing Maruma! You have broken a lot of hearts there. Freeman as Maruma? This line will come up every time I watch a Freeman movie now, and I watch a lot of them. This has ruined it :(

May be Will Simth as Maruma :geek: and a motivating role of a Masakadza / Taibu can be created for Freeman. You know, an arm over the shoulder types overnight after he is mentally shattered by the 5 bouncers. That fits Freeman better.

Quite dramatic script for sure, and If you want to refine it further and deTaylorize it a bit, time to take a look at the Indian movie that made it into the nominees of the best foreign film Oscar in 2001: Lagaan.

420 runs lead and no follow on enforced? Man, Laxman has absolutely killed the psyche of the Aussies ;)
I think I may have seen a bit of it years ago, but I just watched Lagaan to the end today. What a great movie!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm
I think I may have seen a bit of it years ago, but I just watched Lagaan to the end today. What a great movie!
Yes, Lagaan was indeed a wonderful movie. They could have probably shortened it by about 20-25 minutes with some clever editing, but it was still a great watch. Good to see you actually remembered a discussion around it from 4 years ago and unearthed the thread. I initially thought you just replied on this week's match thread :)

So, after "The Last Rhodesian" and "Brown Uncertainty", what's the next big ZCF production?

May be our very own "Back to the (messy) Future" trilogy where Taibu keeps going back in time to un-retire and play first class cricket in various countries?