If you could change one of these things about Zim cricket what would it be?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

If you could change one of these things about Zim cricket what would it be?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

1. Andy Flower becomes Zim coach in 2009 instead of England coach

2. Zim qualify for the 2019 World Cup

3. The Curran brothers play for Zim instead of England

4. ZC started 2018 debt free

5. Zimbabwe never stopped playing in the South Africa domestic competition after 2008

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: If you could change one of these things about Zim cricket what would it be?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

2,4,3,5 and 1 in that order. Andy wouldn’t have done much better with the team, Was he ever considered anyway ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Number 2 100 percent . Would allow us on the highest stage possible again and encourage the next generation to hopefully stick around
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Geez great question

I think the debt is the biggest issue so I’d have to say that’s my No.1 although even with a debt free budget would the money be spent wisely by the current admin? Maybe another option should have been a new ‘trustworthy’ board be instated at the start of 2018?

Missing the WC is a bad one but I think if things changed from now and Zimbabwe went on an upward spiral it would be forgiven.

The Curran boys would give Zimbabwe years of great service and great memories but in the end they’re only two players, if ZC were debt free and run right there’d be plenty of good players coming through.

The Zim A side in South Africa would be a great asset for Zimbabwe no doubt, but this is the only option that can be fixed in the future.

Andy Flower wouldn’t have made much of a difference I don’t think.

Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

4 with a BIG IF attached - IF it stayed that way.

Otherwise we'd be back 20 mil down in no time and I would slot it further down the list.

I'd go 4 with the IF

Otherwise 3, 2, 4, 5, 1

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'd like to know Googly's opinion

Googly

Post by Googly »

Everything comes a distant second to being debt free.
Whilst Bvute builds state of the art chicken farms, takes over our best club facility and generally continues with his empire building we remain without cricket balls, no money for age group cricket, no money for anything basically, and we slip further and further behind.

https://www.chronicle.co.zw/chevrons-fa ... ch-deeper/

First prize is a new board of competent administrators which unfortunately will never happen.

Flower in an administrative figure head role would be infinitely more preferable to him as a coach. He would be damned fine representing us at ICC and getting games for us. His hard line approach to coaching would go down like a fat kid on a seesaw here, he’d be branded a racist by week two of his tenure.

The Currans playing here is not relevant. Sam is the better of the two because he’s such a good bat, but one player doesn’t make a winning team.
A good environment and we’d have quite a few players coming out of the woodwork.

The non qualification thing has surely had a detrimental effect but the reality is that it may cause the demise of the board in August. Qualification would entrench them in cement
Playing in the SA domestic league would be good but it means we’re not getting international games (which we aren’t) and it’s second prize

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If the football guys could kick out somebody more powerful and corrupt than the ZC guys I dont see why August 2019 cannot bring change. The guys at ZIFA were getting disqualified and arrested. It doesnt get worse than that.

We need a copy of that ZC constitution so that we can plan.

Of the 5 things mentioned it would probably be the World Cup qualifiers followed by the SA domestic league.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Missing the World Cup hurts but if things turned around from that point and the game was run correctly, the best players were available, there were more fixtures etc I think we would forgive and forget pretty quickly.

If you ask yourself what would you rather ‘Qualifying for CWC 2019 but continue with the current standard’ or ‘miss the World Cup but the game changes for the better’ I know what I’d choose.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I know the one thing I would change - for people to stop calling the team the Chevrons!!!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes