Should Australia have its test status suspended?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Should Australia have its test status suspended?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:06 am
I will say that credit needs to go to India and especially Kohli & Shastri, their plans in the field have been well thought out and superb and their bowlers have been sensational. I’ve never before seen an Indian team bowl so well, Bumrah & Shami have been 10/10 this series.
Shastri is a puppet and nothing more. And this same team management has made massive selection blunders right through 2018 which probably cost the series in SA and England. The advantage here has been also that this is the weakest Aussie team in ages. Had Smith and Warner been around, the results would have looked significantly different. Lyon and Cummins have been exceptional with no real support from others overall.

Can you believe this Indian team management dropped Pujara for the first test in England last year and went down 0-1? The reason given was that he was playing in Engaland and hadn't scored big so he could be low on confidence! And Pujara has been dropped twice with Shastri at the helm so he has no sense of team balance whatsoever. At the same rate, Rahane should have been dropped some 5 times by now but not to be. Agarwal should have debuted more than a year ago too. The absolute stubbornness in not giving him a go - a guy who scored 1000+ FC runs in a month in 2017 - was insane.

This win is totally architected by Pujara and the bowlers. Bumrah is getting the much needed attention but Shami too has been an unsung hero for many years now. The guy is lion-hearted.
eugene wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 pm
How many of the current Zimbabwe batting line up would walk into the Australian lineup? Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams for sure. Maybe Sikandar Raza also?
Was that a serious question? :) No one really. BRMT might push it very close but a full strength Australia might not have space for him too. If Williams continues to prosper for next couple of years, we can revisit this.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:22 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:06 am
I will say that credit needs to go to India and especially Kohli & Shastri, their plans in the field have been well thought out and superb and their bowlers have been sensational. I’ve never before seen an Indian team bowl so well, Bumrah & Shami have been 10/10 this series.
Shastri is a puppet and nothing more. And this same team management has made massive selection blunders right through 2018 which probably cost the series in SA and England. The advantage here has been also that this is the weakest Aussie team in ages. Had Smith and Warner been around, the results would have looked significantly different. Lyon and Cummins have been exceptional with no real support from others overall.

Can you believe this Indian team management dropped Pujara for the first test in England last year and went down 0-1? The reason given was that he was playing in Engaland and hadn't scored big so he could be low on confidence! And Pujara has been dropped twice with Shastri at the helm so he has no sense of team balance whatsoever. At the same rate, Rahane should have been dropped some 5 times by now but not to be. Agarwal should have debuted more than a year ago too. The absolute stubbornness in not giving him a go - a guy who scored 1000+ FC runs in a month in 2017 - was insane.

This win is totally architected by Pujara and the bowlers. Bumrah is getting the much needed attention but Shami too has been an unsung hero for many years now. The guy is lion-hearted.
eugene wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 pm
How many of the current Zimbabwe batting line up would walk into the Australian lineup? Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams for sure. Maybe Sikandar Raza also?
Was that a serious question? :) No one really. BRMT might push it very close but a full strength Australia might not have space for him too. If Williams continues to prosper for next couple of years, we can revisit this.
Beautiful my friend , absolutely beautiful . Perfectly put in every single way possible.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If zim became another Australian state the yet lineup would loook like this
1 Warner
2 khawaja
3 smith
4 marsh
5 Taylor (wk)
6 williams
7 Raza
8 Cummins
9 Starc
10 hazelwood/cremer (depending on pitch condition)
11lyon

Jarvis would make a good backup seamer if one of these guys break down.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This Australian team is terrible, few of the batsmen seem to have any clue how to play test cricket. New Zealand has about 15 batsmen that could make this current Australian lineup.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Can someone please identify who "they" are in making calls for Zimbabwe's test status to be revoked when Zim do badly?
Is it Australia, ZC or other countries?
Is it cricket journalists, commentators or pundits?
It's certainly not the ICC- those who have the power- because even though there is some system of control now, they usually have weasel words like "letting them sort it out from within" or "observing at arms length".
I mean, 2 years ago, Ian Chappell (who alternates between cricketing oracle & grumpy old man) called for Pakistan never to tour Australia until they sorted themselves out, on the back of their 4th consecutive 3-0 series loss in Australia over about 20 years. In fact, outside the Imran Khan years, it can be argued Pakistan are not competitive in Australia. Do we actually believe they will never tour again?
In fact, it seems to be only ZC board that withdraws your team from the international arena. I do acknowledge the big boys use another weasel clause "busy international schedule" to explain their lack of participation with Zimbabwe.
If the ICC weren't groaning out loud at the decision to grant Afghanistan test status after their inaugural test performance, then they are certainly not worried about Zimbabwe. And I suspect Ireland will cause further embarrassment.
It will be interesting to see how the future tours/test championship pans out.
To me, Australia's greater crime, over ball tampering, was the cancellation of the tour by Bangladesh for economic reasons. Normally, security is the factor. But this was a great expression of Australian commitment to the expansion of the game.
But even if Aussie gets dusted for the next 2 years, we make a financial killing against India, we make a financial killing with the World Cup, we make a financial killing with the Ashes in England, we re-host India in 2020/21 after the World Cup 20/20. And it was leaked during the inquiry into CA, there is $40 million in reserve for a rainy day. The road is paved with riches. How do I know this? CA is a corporation & if it wasn't viable, they would cancel like the Bangladesh tour.
Anyway, got off track there. But don't worry about "they". If it isn't the ICC or India, it's just some pundit who has to see his name in print.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:32 pm
This Australian team is terrible, few of the batsmen seem to have any clue how to play test cricket. New Zealand has about 15 batsmen that could make this current Australian lineup.
The state of this 😂😂😂
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Fair enough CA I agree there have been some mind puzzling selections from the Shastri/Kohli regime but they’ve got it right this series from a tactics point of view anyways. Their bowling and plans have been top notch.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The Aussies will be fine especially once Warner & Smith are back although I doubt they’ll win the World Cup or the Ashes I’m sure they’ll be back to winning ways at home next summer against New Zealand & the Windies ( I think they’re touring next year)

Having Smith & Warner our has given us the chance to blood some new guys and I think we’ve found a couple of gems in Marcus Harris & Travis Head. Once Smith & Warner come back into the lineup we’ll have a formidable batting lineup once again.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Eugene,
Just for the heck of it, could you please name the 15 New Zealand batsmen who could make this current Aussie team?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 pm
Eugene,
Just for the heck of it, could you please name the 15 New Zealand batsmen who could make this current Aussie team?
This reminds me of when I claimed there were 30 batsmen in Zimbabwe better than Matsikenyeri.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes