ZC sues Harare Sports Club

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: ZC sues Harare Sports Club

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:15 pm
That’s all ancient history. We are in the deepest darkest hole we’ve ever been in. Hard times ahead.
I thought you were trying to be more positive in 2019?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

:D

jward

Post by jward »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 am
jward wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm
I am speaking very much from memory, so I may not be giving correct information, but the Tobacco Supporters I think were responsible for building the big stand on the western side of HSC that bears their name, years ago, where they all used to gather in big numbers about the turn of the century - before most of them were driven off their farms, which is why they are little heard of these days.
Are there any cricket-loving tobacco farmers left? Or is this group all ex-farmers now?
Don't know; there are probably a few left still farming.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Mr Ward, what is your current situation? I would love to talk to you about your times when you interviewed the players around 2000, for the biographies that appear on cricinfo. Nearly all the young players had one.

Where do you reside now, are you still working for ZC? If you are you must surely be one of the few remaining white officials within the Zimbabwe Cricket structure hey

jward

Post by jward »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Mr Ward, what is your current situation? I would love to talk to you about your times when you interviewed the players around 2000, for the biographies that appear on cricinfo. Nearly all the young players had one.

Where do you reside now, are you still working for ZC? If you are you must surely be one of the few remaining white officials within the Zimbabwe Cricket structure hey
I'm still in Harare, but in a difficult situation as I was one of the 75% of employees ZC had to dump due to their financial disaster. I am still doing part-time work reporting on the few matches there are this season on the promise of some payment for them, but, especially Zimbabwe itself suffering such financial disasters and inflation at present, it's not a situation I can continue for too long, as I am living off my savings and have no other significant source of income right now.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

jward wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm
sloandog wrote:

I'm still in Harare, but in a difficult situation as I was one of the 75% of employees ZC had to dump due to their financial disaster. I am still doing part-time work reporting on the few matches there are this season on the promise of some payment for them, but, especially Zimbabwe itself suffering such financial disasters and inflation at present, it's not a situation I can continue for too long, as I am living off my savings and have no other significant source of income right now.
All the best for you jward , I hope good times fall your way . I honestly do my friend
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Perhaps a ZCF fundraiser for Mr. Ward is in order?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 am
Wow just checked out the conversion rate from Aussie dollar to Zimbo dollar, $100.00 Aus = $23,000.00 Zim !!!!

What can $23K buy you in Zim?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 am
That's a fantastic idea! I'd be 100% behind that

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jward wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm
sloandog wrote:

What's the alternative? Are you able to leave the country?