Taibu bounces back to play in Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Taibu bounces back to play in Sri Lanka

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

More on Taibu's comeback in SL: https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/ ... 99041.html

He hit another 30 in a high scoring game that ended today. Should have gotten more than just a 30 there...

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

knew that I would walk into the domestic arena of Zimbabwe and score runs. I wanted something challenging. I like a challenge and I like to overcome a challenge," Taibu explains
So, in terms of fitness, it's probably the easiest thing for me. I would not be lying if I said I am probably one of the fittest cricketers in the world. Without a doubt," he said.
He has some ego for a church man.......

He is also the definition of flakey.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I don't doubt Taibu would score a lot of runs domestically. The ZCF XI would be competitive.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:29 am
He is 2 stumpings away from a century in his career.
Got a stumping done in his latest match, to go with 2 more catches and 41 runs with the bat.

He now has 194 runs in 6 knocks since return at 32.33. 10 dismissals (9 catches + 1 stumping). Has got starts in all the knocks but hasn't kicked on.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Anyone else recon he’s going to try and make a “shock “ comeback for zim to prove a point ? The man loves it to much and changes his mind in life every 2 seconds 😂
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48 am
Anyone else recon he’s going to try and make a “shock “ comeback for zim to prove a point ? The man loves it to much and changes his mind in life every 2 seconds 😂
Possible, but I don't think he has too many friends in the current selection panel?

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

No he does not but if he comes back and churns out runs , the Board will likely have no choice( they actually will as they are corrupt
Dogs) . I honestly recon he will comeback and at least try . Why else is he doing this ? It doesn’t make sense to me. I recon he has regret about retiring , I think the last test win away has shocked him .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 am
No he does not but if he comes back and churns out runs , the Board will likely have no choice( they actually will as they are corrupt
Dogs) . I honestly recon he will comeback and at least try . Why else is he doing this ? It doesn’t make sense to me. I recon he has regret about retiring , I think the last test win away has shocked him .
Mate great minds and all that! :lol: Was thinking the exact same thing. It's like when Graeme Smith and Michael Clarke retired; both went on record (smith actually in the commentary box) and said they miss playing and in hindsight probably needed a 6 month break.
I reckon Taibu is gunning for a spot again, although it would be very obtuse and borderline Vermeulen territory.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Has a player ever held a position in the selection panel only to be selected years later in test cricket?

Seems absurd and shows what a mess Zimbabwe cricket is, Tibba should never have retired and I think you fellas are right he regrets it.

No point bringing him back IMO the side is already too old.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:13 am
Has a player ever held a position in the selection panel only to be selected years later in test cricket?

Seems absurd and shows what a mess Zimbabwe cricket is, Tibba should never have retired and I think you fellas are right he regrets it.

No point bringing him back IMO the side is already too old.
Wasn't Sanath Jayasuriya selector/sports minister/player all at the same time :lol:
But then again SL was voted the most corrupt board :lol: