ZC sues Harare Sports Club

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC sues Harare Sports Club

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 am
eugene wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 am
Perhaps a ZCF fundraiser for Mr. Ward is in order?
Wow just checked out the conversion rate from Aussie dollar to Zimbo dollar, $100.00 Aus = $23,000.00 Zim !!!!

What can $23K buy you in Zim?
I was looking at this the other day jaybro , crazy isn’t it .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm
jaybro wrote:
eugene wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 am
Perhaps a ZCF fundraiser for Mr. Ward is in order?
Wow just checked out the conversion rate from Aussie dollar to Zimbo dollar, $100.00 Aus = $23,000.00 Zim !!!!

What do you mean? The Zim dollar hasn't been used in a decade.

There's an article from last month that says the bond notes fetch about 3.5 to USD1 on the black market.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

So if we were to send money to Zimbabwe would the recipient receive it in US Dollars or bond notes ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jward

Post by jward »

Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:46 pm
jward wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Mr Ward, what is your current situation? I would love to talk to you about your times when you interviewed the players around 2000, for the biographies that appear on cricinfo. Nearly all the young players had one.

Where do you reside now, are you still working for ZC? If you are you must surely be one of the few remaining white officials within the Zimbabwe Cricket structure hey
I'm still in Harare, but in a difficult situation as I was one of the 75% of employees ZC had to dump due to their financial disaster. I am still doing part-time work reporting on the few matches there are this season on the promise of some payment for them, but, especially Zimbabwe itself suffering such financial disasters and inflation at present, it's not a situation I can continue for too long, as I am living off my savings and have no other significant source of income right now.
All the best for you jward , I hope good times fall your way . I honestly do my friend
Thanks very much.

jward

Post by jward »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 am
jward wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Mr Ward, what is your current situation? I would love to talk to you about your times when you interviewed the players around 2000, for the biographies that appear on cricinfo. Nearly all the young players had one.

Where do you reside now, are you still working for ZC? If you are you must surely be one of the few remaining white officials within the Zimbabwe Cricket structure hey
I'm still in Harare, but in a difficult situation as I was one of the 75% of employees ZC had to dump due to their financial disaster. I am still doing part-time work reporting on the few matches there are this season on the promise of some payment for them, but, especially Zimbabwe itself suffering such financial disasters and inflation at present, it's not a situation I can continue for too long, as I am living off my savings and have no other significant source of income right now.
What's the alternative? Are you able to leave the country?
The only country I could move to would be the UK, as I have a British passport and right of residence, but the winters over there are to be dreaded, I am most unlikely to get a job over there, and I have been told I would not get much in the way of benefits as I have not paid their national insurance at all.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

But Zimbabwe is unliveable John.
The UK winters are harsh but there are opportunities here 10 times over than what there are in the UK

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm
jaybro wrote:

What do you mean? The Zim dollar hasn't been used in a decade.

There's an article from last month that says the bond notes fetch about 3.5 to USD1 on the black market.
On xe.com and other sites it doesn’t convert it in US dollars and shows the zim currency .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jward

Post by jward »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 pm
The UK winters are harsh but there are opportunities here 10 times over than what there are in the UK
I presume your last word should be Zimbabwe and not the UK? I was virtually forced to spend 18 months between 2008-2009 in the UK because of the unlivable situation in Zimbabwe then (it's nowhere near as bad as that YET), when I had friends to stay with (not possible any longer) and after much searching for work I could do I found part-time work with Cricket Archive (which also is no longer available) to keep me going financially. Unless there is absolutely no alternative, I would need to find both a suitable place to stay and a suitable way of earning a reasonable income before choosing to live in the UK again. Certainly there are no openings in cricket reporting. I need to look before I leap, and right now there is no landing pad for me in the UK!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jward wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm
sloandog wrote:
I presume your last word should be Zimbabwe and not the UK? I was virtually forced to spend 18 months between 2008-2009 in the UK because of the unlivable situation in Zimbabwe then (it's nowhere near as bad as that YET), when I had friends to stay with (not possible any longer) and after much searching for work I could do I found part-time work with Cricket Archive (which also is no longer available) to keep me going financially. Unless there is absolutely no alternative, I would need to find both a suitable place to stay and a suitable way of earning a reasonable income before choosing to live in the UK again. Certainly there are no openings in cricket reporting. I need to look before I leap, and right now there is no landing pad for me in the UK!
Wow Zimbabwe must have been terminal in 2008, because from what I've heard from family and friends, the situation right now is as bleak as it has been for a really long time in Zim :( Sorry to hear about your situation John, i really wish there was something we could do

jward

Post by jward »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 pm
jward wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm
sloandog wrote:
Wow Zimbabwe must have been terminal in 2008, because from what I've heard from family and friends, the situation right now is as bleak as it has been for a really long time in Zim :( Sorry to hear about your situation John, i really wish there was something we could do
Thanks, sloandog. Yes, we don't yet have massive inflation totally destroying our life savings and pensions, prices doubling every day, worthless banknotes with face values of trillions of dollars, supermarkets with shelves almost completely empty, massive power cuts virtually every day - just a few of my greatest memories of 2007 and 2008! Just praying it never gets that bad again.