Nepal Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Nepal Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Just beat UAE 2-1 in Dubai (granted I think UAE were missing a couple of key players).

Another Asian powerhouse in the making in the footsteps of Afghanistan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Nepal Watch

Post by jaybro »

Paris Khadka get their 1st ever ODI century as well

Someone said it before but ZC really should approach them and offer to be the 1st Full Member to tour there and play some ODI's & t20's

Zimbabwe should try and get a series win against them whilst they still can lol
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 am
Someone said it before but ZC really should approach them and offer to be the 1st Full Member to tour there and play some ODI's & t20's
That was me.
jaybro wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 am
Zimbabwe should try and get a series win against them whilst they still can lol
And that was my reasoning too :lol:

I actually wanted to start this thread myself. Also another international record - Ravi Paudel became the youngest ODI half-centurion at the age of 16.

Massive result for the Nepalis. They love their cricket in their country and this is a great result to begin with.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Nepal really has passionate fans. So do the Afghans. Basically all the Asian sides except Sri Lanka. Which is why they all engage in shit talking online :D

Anyone know how the Nepal fans are? Are they bucking the Asian trend by being polite and down to earth, or are they as obnoxious as Indian/Pak/BD/Afghan fans?

As for ZIM vs NEP, I think in Nepal conditions, they might sneak a win or two against Zimbabwe in a 5 match ODI series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 am
Nepal really has passionate fans. So do the Afghans. Basically all the Asian sides except Sri Lanka. Which is why they all engage in shit talking online :D

Anyone know how the Nepal fans are? Are they bucking the Asian trend by being polite and down to earth, or are they as obnoxious as Indian/Pak/BD/Afghan fans?
Nah, they're definitely not bucking that trend. :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Sandeep Lamichanne has been convicted of rape. His jail term will be announced next week.

This is a massive set back for Nepal because Lamichanne was good. It ia also a shame that basically a rapist was playing prestigious events like the CWC-Q and Asia Cup.

As a human being though, I hope Sandeep learns his lesson and hopefully becomes a better person. It is difficult to see how he can possibly have a cricketing career after this but I do believe in giving people a second chance provided they actually change.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:14 pm
Sandeep Lamichanne has been convicted of rape. His jail term will be announced next week.

This is a massive set back for Nepal because Lamichanne was good. It ia also a shame that basically a rapist was playing prestigious events like the CWC-Q and Asia Cup.

As a human being though, I hope Sandeep learns his lesson and hopefully becomes a better person. It is difficult to see how he can possibly have a cricketing career after this but I do believe in giving people a second chance provided they actually change.
Scotland's players refused to shake hands with Lamichanne when they last played.

New Zealand's Scott Kuggeleijn managed to avoid a rape conviction after two trials and play for NZ, but it hasn't been a popular decision to select him.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lamichanne gets 8 years in prison for rape.